Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Solareclpse
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i hae a 4 door truck but i have a passenger airbag deactivatin switch.from my understanding im not supose to have one on a 4 door truck.is this correct? it was popping a code... b1871 iirc which is a PAD switch fail. i pulled the switch out everything looks good on it.but the funny thing is this. i drove around all day today and te air bag light didnt come on once since i have pulled the switch out. can someone explain this a litle better? so i guess now im looking for the square insert that has the power point but no PAD switch.i have an inspection march 10th to get this thing titled rebuildt from salvage and i have to figure it out by then because if any dash warning lights pop up i fail the inspection.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
You are correct that most (I thought all) cc didnt have the switch. Did you or someone put the instrument bezel out of another truck that had it into this one? You can add it a cc but Ive only did it once and I had to change the REM which is what looks for the signal for the on/off switch. All SDs are wired for the switch but cc just have it dead plugged in the back. I would leave it unplugged have your codes cleared and you should be fine. If there is a problem the airbag light will be back on, if they are working then it will stay off and all is well.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I had to change the RCM (restraints control module), not rem sorry about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts