Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the code P0671 on my 05 6.0. What does this mean exactly. I have looked it up a lil bit but cant dteremen really what it means. Can someone shed some light on this for me???? Please!!!!!!

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Bad glow plug probably be my thoughts

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
I got the code P0671 on my 05 6.0. What does this mean exactly. I have looked it up a lil bit but cant dteremen really what it means. Can someone shed some light on this for me???? Please!!!!!!
Is it a HARD P0671 fault (as in the code remains even after you attempt to erase it)? If it is, the way to diagnose it requires use of a DVOM. Set it to measure Ω. Start by disconnecting the the connector to your glow plug buss bar to bank #1 glow plugs (this will be the connector with the red lock tab that needs to be released before you squeeze and pull to disconnect). Measure the Ω reading between the wire that goes to the glow plug closest to the front of the engine on the passenger side, between the connector and battery ground (negative battery post on the passenger side battery). What reading to you get? It should be between 0.5 to 2.0Ω. Any greater than that, means the problem is either the wiring that goes to the four glow plugs on the passenger side bank of cylinders or the glow plug itself on cylinder #1. If the reading is within specs, measure the Ω reading on the white with light green stripe coloured wire between the connector you disconnected and the green connector to the GPCM on the passenger side valve cover. The reading you get should be less than 5Ω. If it's any greater than that, the problem is in the engine wiring harness. If it's less than 5Ω, and the wiring to cylinder #1 glow plug checks out good, replace the GPCM (Ford Part Number DY-876).

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only thing I did was change the injector harness and have my FICM rebuilt by Swamps and programmed by PHP. Thanks for the way to check that stuff m-chan68. Im not goin to lye but its a lil over my head lol!!! I will have to read it several times and what not to maybe understand it lol

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
If you know how to use a DVOM the test is pretty simple and straightforward. If you see OL on the meter, it means the circuit is open (as in not making a connection, no continuity etc.). If you see numbers, you need to see if they fall within specs I've listed above. It helps if you use a meter that auto-ranges.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread but i have a similar code however, it only comes on when i have a tune loaded. what would cause this? If i am running stock, i have no codes what so ever. It seems to be not firing on one or two cylinders until warm. thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
Just out of curiousity are the tunes that are loaded not still depenend on engine temperature, and when i say this i mean the tunes should not start adding additional fueling until the engine is above 175 degrees correct? Or are loaded tunes from the SCT always at additional fueling regardless of engine temperature? The reason i ask this is because the Edge Juice does not start to add additional fueling until the engine temperature reaches 175, didn't know if the SCT tunes do the same?

·
Registered
10 Posts
thats a good point, i do have sct tunes from the old dj's. I recently had studs and new egr cooler done. Cant help but think that something may not be properly connected as far as the glow plugs, but could use some guidance on where to look. There is also a lot of gray smoke, i assume to be unburnt fuel. Thanks again

·
Registered
588 Posts
I also have the P0671 code as well as a P0600 : serial communications link, which i assume is a wiring harness.

It seems that none of the GPs on the pass. side are working. It's a real bitch to start below 50 degrees if not plugged in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts