Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to class this morning when all of a sudden the engine started cutting out like I was on and off the pedal. It didn't die but got me very concerned. I didn't notice any smoke because I was looking at the tach. It would go from about 1500 to 1200 with no pedal change. Any ideas?

The truck started up just fine this morning and drove fine for my the majority of my two mile commute. I need to change the oil and was planning on doing that today anyways.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine did the same with a bad CPS. Would feel just like the pedal was lifted for a second. Would make the truck jerk with little loss in RPM. CPS fixed it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that's kind of what I was thinking too. I have a spare in the glove box thankfully. It's just a 9mm socket right?

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
It could be your TPS also. It could have a dead spot in the contacts and at a certain percentage of throttle applied it could cut out and the ECM automatically goes to idle rpm.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I driven the truck 6 or 7 more times today and it hasn't done it at all. In the past year, the truck has died for no reason three times. The last time was in January driving through a parking lot. Each time it has refired and everything was fine. I'm wondering if they are related.

I have a gray cps but it seems like a b*tch to get to. I'm wondering if it was just a hicup and it'll be fine. TPS also came to mind this morning too.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
cps is not hard to change 10 mm and a screwdriver to pry it out.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It did it again this morning. Weird thing is, within 100 feet of where it did it on Tuesday morning. I think my truck is cursed...

I'll be swapping out the cps tonight or tomorrow. I think someone told me a while back to use anti size on the bolt. Does it matter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts