Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 1999 7.3 and i just changed the icp and ipr and now when i run it down the highway at about 60mph and come to a stop and hit the gas again an then let off it starts to spit and sputter and cut in an out......what is going on? i need help i dont even know where to start!!??:mad::confused:

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Scan it and see what codes you have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a scan tool...do you think it could have something to do with the fule presser or bad fule pump or tps?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Do as Gary stated....scan it.

Did you buy Ford ICP sensor & IPR?

IF not I'll bet it's a bad ICP sensor. I got two that caused cut out as well (Napa).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea iv got napa icp and ipr sensors on there....it has never cut out like this before untill i changed the icp and thats when it started doing this crap!?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the old icp wasnt making it sputter like the new one is...could i just clean the old one an put it back in? the old one wasnt making the truck act funny like i said i just changed it for peace of mind cause it had oil in it and i read that if it has oil in it that it means its bad. but can i just clean it an put the oil one back in since it wasnt making my truck spuuter an cut up?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would defintely put the old one back in until you get a new one

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i found out what the situation was...i know this is going to sound crazy but it is the only explanation. The only time my truck would start acting funny is when i got to the stop sign about 300 yards from where i work and there is a radio station right beside the stop sign....there was a guy who i talk to all the time about 7.3 because he is a owner of a 7.3 and he come flying in here today and asked be did my truck act funny when i was around the radio station. (Never had thought about it before but that is where it always acted up) I said yes as a matter of fact it does and he said that here lately every time he got around the radio station he truck started bucking and missing and cutting out on him untill he got away from it!! Also he said the reson he thinks it is the radio station making our trucks act up is because, he got in his truck the other day with a wireless hand radio (like a CB) and had it plugged up to the ciggeret lighter for power and when he keyed the mic his truck cut off completley so he unplugged it and put batters in it and keyed the mic again and his truck shut off again so he used his reguler CB and everything worked fine!! I know it sounds crazy but it is the only thing that makes since cause that is the only place my truck acts up!!!!

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
I came across something this a long time ago. I don't think there is anything your gonna do about it except stay away from the radio station.
I'd try checking the body to frame ground and engine to body ground or just add some new grounds and see if that helps.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Change to a Ford ICP sensor and the problem should go away. Lots of threads on here about it. Some aftermarket ones are affected by radio towers and CBs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea cause when i put my old one back in it didnt cut up by the radio station but it does the NAPA one in

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Alien tin foil hat mod.....
those napa ones must not be good there were two other guys with those issues one was with his own cb.

i have had good luck with a 44 dollar pensicola diesel icp...but i do not have a cb...
i do have fort bragg and snd so far no earth shaking bomb blast , radar blast or any of their towers affect mine yet.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
If your vash strapped you may Try that for pice of mind ..ford oem from diesel orings.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think i might just put the NAPA one back on....if the only trouble i have out of it is when i pass that one radio tower i think i will be doing pretty good.

Thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i think i might just put the NAPA one back on....if the only trouble i have out of it is when i pass that one radio tower i think i will be doing pretty good.

Thanks for all the help guys
Your asking for trouble if you install the Napa (Echlin) sensor. I had one completely fail. Unplugged sensor to finish drive back to Michigan from Florida. It was 10 days old.

Another one lasted like 6 weeks. I'd been replacing parts as I was getting false injector codes (some turned out real), idm codes, truck just stalling, dying when cb used, bucking and stalling coming into toll booths. Read another guys issues that were similar after he installed a BW branded sensor. Put my original Ford one back in and as long has been good. It was and is leaching oil. Replacing next week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Iv got another question, first think in the morning when it is cold out side when i get in my truck for the first time for the day after it has set all night long, an i take off down the road when i get to about 45 and the truck goes into overdrive it startes shaking and jumping like crazy untill it gets to operating temp. What in the sam hell would cause it to do that?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts