Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so I'm new to this whole forum thing and just trying to figure out this problem I've been having, I bought a tw chip from a guy on here a few weeks ago and since i've had it i've been noticing alot of hesitation, i drive in tow mode mostly cause my truck seams to run best there, but it does it in other modes too. When i step on the throttle lightly it'll go fine, but as i push harder it'll start to hesitate and kinda jerk a little bit, then if i let the peddle up a little it'll go again. it doesnt do it all the time but more often than not.. any ideas what this could be? i replaced my fuel filter not long ago but im thinking maybe its getting dirty..

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
what brand filter did you use? napa/wix filters suck and will clog up the screen on the fuel bowl. get a fuel pressure gauge on there and monitor it while driving/accelerating. also you prolly need to check your hpop pressure. does it have these symptoms with chip un-installed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a wix, i havent tried uninstalling the chip, but it does do it on the stock setting, its just not as noticeable because the different between go and no isnt as extreme ya know.. in the tow mode when it goes it goes. but i was already suspecting the filter so ill probably go ahead and replace it. What brand do you recommend?

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
motorcraft, but you need the original lid to run the motorcraft filter. also get rid of the k&n filter and get a 6637 filter from napa. the k&n will ruin your turbo and engine if on there long enough. i would also run a double dose of your favorite fuel treatment/injector cleaner

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah ive been planning on putting the napa filter on there, the moneys just been goin elsewhere. I got the truck in september and it was bone stock besides that k&n. I just picked up some of that diesel kleen w/ cetane boost, not sure how great it is but ill give it a shot.. Ill do that and the new fuel filter before my 500 mile drive home on friday, see what happens

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is femv?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 99 F-350 w/ 7.3 powerstroke edge program normal acceleration is good but when I accelerate hard the engine like either derates or cuts back on power and shifting is very rough. I pull over turn key off count ten restart it runs fine any input on whats going on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts