Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
7.3 Yep I got one too
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 02 7.3 has decided that on acceleration from a stop it wants to cut off. It loses fuel pressure or something cause it starts right back up If i ease into it is fine taking off. Or if I hold the brake and give it gas its ok. its just going from stop to start. Not even going hard just a normal stoplight take off. Only does it going forward not in reverse.

So my ideas are HPOP, ICP sensor. And could possibly be fuel pump but swaying away from that.

·
Registered
853 Posts
pick up screens clogged

·
7.3 Yep I got one too
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Fuel filter was clogged. Which is odd cause i change it regularly. I did have it scanned to check everything else and everything is just the way it needs to be.

·
Registered
853 Posts
sooo did the fuel filter fix it if not I was talking about the in tank screens in the sending unit

·
7.3 Yep I got one too
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed it last night and it was fine. I drove it all day and it was fine. I pulled a trailer too. I came home dropped the trailer and dorve all over town. I come home and all is well. stop to see a buddy and after I left it started doing it again. Just doesn't make sense to me that it was fine all day and then all of a sudden starts doing it again.

·
Registered
853 Posts
try unplugging the icp sensor and look at the connection for oil that will tell you if that's a problem or not

·
7.3 Yep I got one too
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok I scanned the truck with a good Snap on Scanner. NOTHING is out of normal on the specs. We scanned it and it cut off on the mechanic too but no codes. Thought it was the screen and oil and both are good. It acts like a short or something. I read where one guy had a tiny leak on the fuel line going from the passenger side rear of the head to the front (Return line?) and he replaced it and fixed his problem. i know that line leaking is a common problem. Its weird I can accelerate slow and its fine but a hard take off and it dies. I can tow my trailer and its fine as well. Only on the hard take off or when hitting the brakes hard backing up does it stall.

·
7.3 Yep I got one too
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think i have some fuel in the Valley but can't really see. I will check more closely tonite with a flashlight. If i do that indicates I got air getting in somewhere and fuel escaping.

·
02 CCSB
118 Posts
Might look at the tin nut holding the injection control pressure regulator coil on. Had one fall off and do the exact same thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
^^ X2 mine was doing the same thing and i found the tin nut off my ipr sitting inthe valley. Put it back on and it wobbled off after a week of working fine. Replaced it with a nylock nut from lowes and has been fine since.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
7.3 Yep I got one too
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys were right. Stopped by a buddys shop and he told me. Problem was it was gone but he had one on hand. Cost me some beer in payment

1 - 14 of 14 Posts