Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cut the DP... Now it won't start :-(

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  pheobo 
#1 ·
Decided the hell with it and cut out the pipe.

I started it with the new Downpipe and since then only added the rest of the exhaust. Now it won't start.

I connected the sct programmer thinking it needs the NO DPF tune but when I tell it to read the stock tune it comes back with an error.

I did disconnect a plug by the turbos to help with clearance when taking the DP off, but I pluged it back in. The DPF and CAT sensors are not plugged in.

Any ideas?

#5 ·
got it... it's on. Now I tried connecting the sct and the told it to read and save the stock file... it gives me error 3501 no stock file found?

THANKS for the help!

#7 ·
Turns out I just needed to load a tune so it can download the stock tune on it's own. I thought I needed to do it manually first :-(

Hopefully I can get on the dyno next week. I'll have to call innovative or SCT to understand why I'm getting engine codes and how to fix that. Drives good, shifts firm and hauls ass!

#8 ·
Nothing like a "new" truck huh pheobo?

:ford:

#11 ·
:evil beer, sawzall, new truck and new exhaust = voided warranty for sure!

Since I won't be returning it to stock, I'll be looking at the vendors list and get a few more things, I'm thinking intercooler and piping would be the next beneficial mod. I'll go to Rudy's website since they tried helping in my other thread.

Woot!

#10 ·
Dunno, Got a PM from IDP (I was very surprised) They told me to to reload the program and answer yes to all three questions. I'll try that and see if they come back.

Can't wait to dyno... holly crap this thing moves!

#13 ·
Man i have the same problem right now but i can't seem to get the back two sensors out of the stock pipe i wonder how much they cost from ford? I put the front pipe back exhaust on with only the front sensor and the other plug in and i fired it up to turn it around to put the tip on and now it will not even turn over. I hope that's all is wrong with it

#14 ·
try heating up the bungs of on the old pipe??
then plug in the sensors. if it still wont start you may need to have the truck reflashed..

whos programmer do you have?

#18 ·
Mine came out easy. No problems at all. I figure the fact the truck had less then 1k miles on it helped :)

It was definitely the sensors. Just plugged them all in and it turned right over.

#19 ·
I tried heat with no luck. Just put the new ones in and still no start i did notice the red lock flashing on the dash after i try to turn it over it will blink for about 3-5 seconds after i turn the key off. I'm waiting on a touch screen sct from ID

thanks for the replays

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.