Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turbo problems again.... We have 1 week before a meet and we are still waiting for a turbo that was promised in december. What's the deal guys? You stood up and did the headgaskets and other items. We then had a lpop failure the next week then after replacing the front cover and oil pump crap it lasted 2 days before the turbo went boom again.

So are we going to have a turbo soon are are we going to keep forgetting?
:poke:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 15 times. Dunno lost count. Gave them the benefit of the doubt for the first few weeks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently the wheels are back ordered from garrett and hopefully they are going to pull some strings and get us a turbo before the socaps anniversary meet. They offered a stock turbo to run till they get things sorted with the vgt ho. But its only "hopefully" a week out so no need to put a stocker in for a week.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
wasnt your buddy told about replacing the pump or something along those lines while he was there? i remember hearing a conversation along those lines...and you cant blame them for those going out since they werent touched.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. He asked about a upgraded hpop. The lpop was caused by something else. Either tune or faulty part it didnt have that many miles on it <60k Were not worried about that. The socaps meet is on Sunday guys. Are we going to have a turbo?

·
Registered
94 Posts
After a $700.00 labor discount on the HG job & us warranting 2 or 3 MELTED turbo's & you running our name through the mud 2 times on this forum & other forums, do you really think we're going to treat your emergency as our emergency??

(Remarkably) the answer to that is yes, I am doing EVERYTHING I can for you, only because I know what that event means to you.

BTW - has it crossed your mind that the the turbo in question got damaged when the LPOP broke?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
wait a minute... your buddy was told about changing his HPOP (which he said no because of time and money). now, im not too smart but doesnt the HPOP feed oil to the turbo?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
After a $700.00 labor discount on the HG job & us warranting 2 or 3 MELTED turbo's & you running our name through the mud 2 times on this forum & other forums, do you really think we're going to treat your emergency as our emergency??

(Remarkably) the answer to that is yes, I am doing EVERYTHING I can for you, only because I know what that event means to you.

BTW - has it crossed your mind that the the turbo in question got damaged when the LPOP broke?
did you guys get the turbo back to inspect the damage and see if its going to be warrantied?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Sounds to me like the customer needs to step up and take some responsobility, I can see having to warranty 1 turbo, 2 is a lil iffy, 3 turbo's is driver error/setup error

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

Sounds to me like this is another case of someone getting an inch and taking a mile. No oil pressure = cooked turbo. It blows me away that people post stuff like this online rather than handle it like a man should; which is between the 2 original parties. You dont need to involve the entire diesel community because you didnt get a phone call back same day.

There's a reason Elite stays as busy as they do- they are the best. They design, produce, and develop the most sought after parts for our trucks. Obviously the OP knows this. He knew where to go in the first place. Cut these guys some slack. They ALWAYS come through for EVERY customer. Ive seen it time and time again. It cant always be on YOUR "hectic" schedule though.

Atta boy Garrett for steppin up again and taking care of all of us. Youre the man, and we appreciate it.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
I agree, this shouldnt have been posted, the op should of called and taken care of it that way. The only way I'd ever call out a company on here is if they really screwed me and were totally ignoring me, and i know thats not how Elite does buisness

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The turbo blowing has nothing to do with the lpop. Remember guys the truck won't run without oil pressure so it got shut down once because of the pump, but the problem we were having was a surging under a load that we think killed the turbo. The other turbos had wheel failures without getting them hot at all. This one killed the compressor wheel.

Iirc it goes pan-> lpop-> filter-> engine. There was no metal pieces in the system either. It just blew the inner oil pump gear in half and the truck died.

This turbo had play in it before the lpop went.

And it worked fine for a bit after the repairs were made.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree, this shouldnt have been posted, the op should of called and taken care of it that way. The only way I'd ever call out a company on here is if they really screwed me and were totally ignoring me, and i know thats not how Elite does buisness
They were blatantly ignoring his calls before. It got better but now they just lie about getting him a turbo it seems. We are in march now. The truck hasn't ran since december.

They admitted and said that they were having other problems with their turbos.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They were blatantly ignoring his calls before. It got better but now they just lie about getting him a turbo it seems. We are in march now. The truck hasn't ran since december.

They admitted and said that they were having other problems with their turbo's.

I talked to the owner of the truck this morning & I don't know why YOU keep going about this the way that you are. You should talk to Ryan befoer posting.

His calls were NEVER ignored! He was NEVER lied to!

We have covered 2 MELTED turbo's for him, have given him over $700.00 in discounts! & you have trashed us in front of the world for things we aren't even responsible for! enough is enough!

I'm sorry you have to miss your "meet" Ryan (you should have taken me up on the stock loaner), but this dude isn't helping you at ALL!

& before you get all technical on us with your low pressure oil knowledge you should do a search & look into the carnage that takes place when a LPOP breaks.

Respectfully,
Garrett

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
The turbo blowing has nothing to do with the lpop. Remember guys the truck won't run without oil pressure so it got shut down once because of the pump, but the problem we were having was a surging under a load that we think killed the turbo. The other turbos had wheel failures without getting them hot at all. This one killed the compressor wheel.

Iirc it goes pan-> lpop-> filter-> engine. There was no metal pieces in the system either. It just blew the inner oil pump gear in half and the truck died.

This turbo had play in it before the lpop went.

And it worked fine for a bit after the repairs were made.

They admitted and said that they were having other problems with their turbos.
There are several things that will cause a turbo to pop. Low oil pressure is one of them. In an HEUI system, low oil pressure or a failing pump can also cause the truck to surge. Either way, the chances that this turbo and the couple before it are ALL Elites problem is almost zero. If the turbo worked after repairs were made, as you said, then it is most likely an issue with the truck taking out turbos (like a failing oil system), not bad parts.

It isnt just linear deal with the oil system. The system is ALWAYS pressurized and ALWAYS has oil. If pressure drops suddenly, and oil isnt being pushed, things like the hpop and turbo dont just stop working and everything is saved. Those parts continue to move until they can not any longer. Even brief periods of running dry of oil can damage fragile parts like bearings or injector plungers etc.

If you honestly think that ANYONE at Elite has the time, energy, or integrity to screen one dude's calls then you have just proved how smart you aren't. That isnt what happened. I would guarantee that no one was lied to about getting anything either. Sometimes parts take longer to come in/be built/produced whatever, than originally estimated. Take it from someone who has been to their shop, knows some of the guys, and knows how much work they have.... They are not screening calls or neglecting any one person. It seems as if Garrett offered you a loaner turbo; which shows his dedication to their customers. Find another company who would loan a turbo of all parts.... Turbos are fragile and expensive (obviously). Take Garretts offer personally (and thank him) for going above and beyond and leave it at that.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Honestly dieselgirl, since this isnt YOUR truck or YOUR money, or YOUR buisness im going to recomend that you stay out of it

There is a reason we have these threads so we can have feed back for customers ect, but this is TWICE that you have come in here and made a big deal over something that was never needed to be done, and both times on the account of your friend, if your buddy truely has a problem let him handle it, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If there was no problem at all this would not exist.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.