Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently ordered a triple gauge pod from paul at complete performance, and later decided to get an F650 dash center for my dually, so with that being said i'll get on with the rest of the story, the new pod came in yesterday and i got this brilliant idea i should mount a tweeter in the bottom whole, held the tweeter up to one of my gauges and BING! then light buld exploded with a thought,

so i started with an old gauge that i tore apart to use the housing and some propoxy and the tweeter

ended up with this after a lil enginuity and paint and sanding and more paint

final product (above and below

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
So where is the passenger's side tweeter at?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So where is the passenger's side tweeter at?
gotta get the fiberglassing done on the other piller so it has a gauge pod style mount also:doh: not so handy with the fiberglass but ill get it figured out

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u think that would work alright adam? i really have never fiberglassed anything, but im sure i could figure it out, anyone got a single pod they wana part with for cheap? lol

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I don't think that it will..I am picturing it in my head..but I think if you tried to do that it wouldn't fit right on it as it would be backwards, but you can cut and mold with fiberglass.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think that it will..I am picturing it in my head..but I think if you tried to do that it wouldn't fit right on it as it would be backwards, but you can cut and mold with fiberglass.
ya thats kind of what i was plannin, if i can get the passenger side built im thinkin maybe ill make a mold of it, maybe do a few here n there for some guys

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I'm thinkin the pod might point upwards...

·
Registered
236 Posts
yeah get a single pod mount , a heat gun might help out for shaping it before fiberglass.. If the shaping with a heat gun goes well you may not need to even fiberglass it.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Looks great so far Dillon. The fiberglassing itself isn't all that hard, but finishing the whole piece gets to be tricky. SEM makes a texture spray that could be used to give a uniform texture over the entire surface and will be similar to the top of the dash but won't be able to get the more grain finish that many of the factory and aftermarket panels have. Or you could choose to wrap both panels in a cloth or suade that will match the headliner or something completely different that might work good with your interior.

I think it could be done but not as a full pillar replacement, more just using the pod part itself and cutting it around where it matches to the rest of the pillar portion of the whole assemble and then you could sort of turn it to the right and it should still have the same profile to match up to the pillar and give the same semetrical shape as the drivers side.

Only troble comes from blending the two pieces (pod and pillar) together. Maybe if you cut the bottoms and tops of the new pillar pod might be able to get the seams more out of site. Ultimately I am kinda rambling here lol and wouldn't know without seeing it.

The main issue I see is with refinishing the pillars so they match and look good. Most that I see done are finished with a suede or cloth wrap around the entire pillar. Getting back the original leather like texture that the factory and aftermarket pods have is nearly impossible, That I know of.

For some amazing work and with step by step pictures that make it all look soo easy I HIGHLY suggest checking out this site Install Gallery 1 Generally the links to install galleries are to forums where the pics/writeup for the install is hosted (usually on DIYMA) Bing does INCREDIBLE work and makes it all look soo easy, and something you rarely find but Pictures of all the steps instead of just the final outcome. He does lots of tweeters in a-pillars, but generally the entire pillar eventually gets wrapped in a suede or cloth usually matching the headliner or something else in the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I was going to do the same thing but I dont have anyplace to work on the truck right now. A while back I had seen a single guage pod for right hand drive trucks on ebay but in all my serching have not been able to find it again.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Looks great Dillon! Now quit jackin around with your truck and make me some already.

Geeeze

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great Dillon! Now quit jackin around with your truck and make me some already.

Geeeze
ur the first on my list bro, but ur gunna need a quad pod for that drivers side, the passenger side id guna be a labor of love but im not stoppin till its perfect in my eyes

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so i failed last night guys, i stayed in town and got sh*t faced and didn't work on it at all

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
theres the final on the drivers side, i like the sound

1 - 15 of 15 Posts