Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SCT Livewire TS and was wondering if i got the gear hot street tune if i can leave my dpf on. The reason is bc i dont have a programmer to delete it. Or is there someone that can do tunes that will delete them. If i can not what yall think about me drilling some holes in the catalist in the filter to let some of it go by so it will not reg so much. I have also looked at the SCT Advantage III. Will that let me do the dpf and egr deletes bc i will be able to do the custom tunes myself. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
194 Posts
Short answer is no you can't run that tune without deleting the dpf. It will clog it up within 20 miles. I ran innovative a street tune which is low smoke for a little bit to try it out because I didn't have the delete pipe yet and within minutes of driving it clogged up and wouldn't stop the regen until I brought it back to stock and drove for 50 miles. As far as I know you have to have a delete capable tuner to run high power custom tunes. Drilling holes I don't think will work because the regen stuff works off of exhaust back pressure and if you drill enough holes to make a difference there won't be enough back pressure and will throw codes and put it in limp mode. Don't take my word for it but that's my theory.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You need a SCT Livewire 9625 OR or 3015 R model tuner to be able to upload dpf delete tunes for the 6.4

Livewire TS #5015 is dpf equipped only, even with your own custom tunes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You have to have a off-road/race tuner to delete dpf. Custom tunes or not. So if you want to delete go buy a off-road tuner. That simple.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thanks. just have to save the money for one. well i got the 5015 for sale. i dont have it on the truck anymore so let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts