Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done with Part 1 of my custom nitrous install. Today I reinforced the custom billet bottle mount, installed the bulkhead fitting through the bed floor, and ran my nitrous line into position in the engine bay. I have never been satisfied with off the shelf nitrous kits. It costs a bit more to buy all the pieces separately but it's worth it for me to have it how I want. Here are a few pics . . . Part 2 coming soon!

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
Just curious. I found out the line size deal on my other ride.:D
BIG difference. As was the difference between the small cheater solenoids, and the big ole pro-shot, or big shot solenoids. You can mainline a -4an, through a cheater solenoid, and not spray much more than a 150 hp shot (on a gasser)
(no jet in fogger)

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious. I found out the line size deal on my other ride.:D
BIG difference. As was the difference between the small cheater solenoids, and the big ole pro-shot, or big shot solenoids. You can mainline a -4an, through a cheater solenoid, and not spray much more than a 150 hp shot (on a gasser)
(no jet in fogger)
Sounds about right. Most of the smaller solenoids will flow a max 150 - 175hp shot. The orifice is only .125" with no jet. If I were planning to do a dual stage and spray over that I would upgrade to the -6AN feed line, and dual bottles. Would still run -4AN lines to the nozzles. Couldn't imagine spraying more than a 300-350hp shot. Most of the popular kits only use -3AN to the nozzles. I will likely use -4AN.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts