Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m located in Tulsa Oklahoma. I’m looking for live tuning for my 7.3 I have 180/30% injectors with a 38r. I’m haveing a problem getting the boost I want to run in my 140 tune. So I’m looking for a tuner near me to get a better tune.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I'm due north of you.
You might try premier truck and trailer out in vinita. I don't know if he does live tuning or not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
What issues are you having with your boost?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After thinking about it I would call it more of a fuel problem then a boost problem if I hit it from a stop there’s not really a lot of smoke. My service engine soon light comes on then goes off after I get out of it and it throws the high boost code from the map. My problem is my egts are only getting to like 1000. But if I’m getting on the highway I can play with it and hit at about 30 and it will throw smoke and then the turbo take off and it will run like a rocket. So i figured it was just the map sensor defueling. I told this to tony wildman and he said he could write the tunes for me where that won’t happen so i bought what he was selling and the extreme tune does not run well on my truck where the street tune runs really well. And now I can’t get ahold of tony to do the changes for the tunes.

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
First off I would check for boost leaks. Then if that checks out and your sure you have leaks on the up pipes. Crank the waste gate rod in 2-3 turns and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Yeah. I like to just toss that out there before telling people to tighten down the waste gate. Most people just skip that step and go straight to the waste gate.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Could be a weak lift pump.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Could be a lot of things. Your really not doing any testing.

The 38r is known for having the waste gate rod loose from the factory.

You need to check fuel pressure under load? What’s your icp and ipr number under wot? What’s your injector pulse width? Where are you getting your boost readings? Do you have a boost cooler? Have you checked your boost pressure to the map sensor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just read the codes and the only one that came back was
PO238 and I’m reading the boost off the map sensor. When ever it warms up I will tighten up the wastegate and see if that helps. But my tunes are really inconsistent I have one extreme tune that runs really well the. I switch to the other extreme tune and it runs really lazy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay today it’s about 34 this morning and the first start it cranked for about 10 seconds and didn’t start so I recycled the key and it started like normal but smoked white real bad then cleaned up once it idled for a while. And started normal after I drove it for 30 minutes or so

1 - 12 of 12 Posts