Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BLCKOUT
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about building a custom sub box to go between my two front seats, I have the 40-20-40 bench. I want it to hold 2 12's, and would like to try and remount the center folding console back on top of the box. And I want to fiberglass the whole box and paint it black like the truck.

Has anyone seen this done at all? PICS?

·
too broke to play
111 Posts
You would need to build a pretty large box for that space in order to get the air space you need to run two 12's. I have a JL Stealthbox and it is just gig enough to hold a fairly shallow 10. There was a guy on the other site that built what you want, but it fit a single 12w7 and was much bigger than my stealthbox, but he cut up the frame to get it to sit lower. It looked pretty good, but was about 2"-3" higher than the seats. I saved the thread with his pictures and info but they deleted my stuff. I think you would need to extend it forward or behind the seat to get what you need. Good luck

·
BLCKOUT
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would need to build a pretty large box for that space in order to get the air space you need to run two 12's. I have a JL Stealthbox and it is just gig enough to hold a fairly shallow 10. There was a guy on the other site that built what you want, but it fit a single 12w7 and was much bigger than my stealthbox, but he cut up the frame to get it to sit lower. It looked pretty good, but was about 2"-3" higher than the seats. I saved the thread with his pictures and info but they deleted my stuff. I think you would need to extend it forward or behind the seat to get what you need. Good luck

I could just run one JL W7, those things are loud as hell! I already have an amp that is big enough to push that, it is a Kenwood class D 1000w peak 450 continous.

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
You can put a 12 or two behind your seat. I had one behind mine and it sounded good, better than my buddy's 2 ten's.

·
Registered
346 Posts
while that may work witht eh crew cab... those of us with certain year Super cabs, are kinda SOL... the ONLY option, is the center console, or if you have a bench, the other stealth box...

So..

I am curious about this....

Chase

·
I love you bigrpowr!
1,181 Posts
Look at the nice build log below for a custom center console for a F150. He reatained the top half of the seat as well for storage. You could go with the same FI 12 as that build and come out much cheaper than a W7 and it will sound just as good and loud.

Custom Center Console Sub Box

·
BLCKOUT
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That what I want to do, why is the sub faced down, I want to face mine up and recess it into the box and put a piece of plexi glass over it with neons built under the glass, and either paint the box or fiber glass it then paint it.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I will try to get you some pics of my buddys box this weekend. He has two 12inch solo Xs, one out fire and one down fire. His hits hard. You can remove the middle seat and just leave the console.

·
Cute and cuddly boys!
973 Posts
You could still have it fire down and light up the back of the sub. You will just have to find a sub that looks good from the magnet side. If you place a piece of wood on the bottom giving the soundwave something to bounce off of can really improve the effectiveness of the bass.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have seen a few subs that look nice from the back side... chrome or gold plating, etc...

Chase

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
I am in the process of building one for my early 99. I removed the center portion of the front bench, and am building a box that will resemble the original look. It will also house 2 10" sub, facing the feet of the people in the back seat. I have calculated a little over 2 cf of volume with my design, which is alot bigger than I have been able to accomplish with behind the seat boxes. I will take some pictures of the rough box and post them in the next couple of days. I have to say, the pictures of the work that glass guy does makes me a little embarassed to post anything though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a mtx box for my supercab and put ed sq10's in there and it sounds good as hell!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts