Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
$HUNGRY6.0
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I've been reading threads here for a long time now it's time to make one of my own.
As the title suggests, my 06 6.0 seems to never want to run right again. A little background: I've got 155k miles on the body n tranny (6spd) and roughly 2k on a new long block from Blackwater Diesel. My mods are: egr delete, coolant filter, 155cc injectors, mbrp 5" tb, southbend clutch/ flywheel, sct custom tune, arp studs, new ficm.

It allll started on a bone stock truck when I plugged in the sct for the first time. Ended up blowing head gaskets which resulted in the engine swap to the studded and egr deleted Blackwater motor. All was well until a failed injector billowed smoke and left me stranded on the highway. I then opted for a slight upgrade and went with full force 155s and a custom tune to run them. It ran great for ONE HOUR then the bs started. Takes forever to start and once running feels and sounds like misfire. No smoke except for occasional black puffs. This lead me to test and replace the ficm. Same problem, nothing changed. It's getting towed to the mechanic in the morning but I'd like your input so I have something to think about in the mean time.

·
$HUNGRY6.0
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also new hpop. Fuel pump works, turbo is fine (and upgraded to batmo wheel)

·
Registered
295 Posts
really need to check the oil pressures in the heads to see whats going on

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
almost sounds like injector stiction/injector related issues. Strange, as you have new injectors. Need more data info to better inform you of whats happening. ICP, IPR duty, fuel pressure, any codes retrieved, etc. Were the injectors built from new motorcraft injectors? If it only ran for one hour, i doubt all the air is out of the HPO system, which would cause rough running and long cranks. why did you opt for a complete long block due to head gasket failure?? That is repairable without a complete engine.

·
$HUNGRY6.0
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll definitely be asking the shop for these answers. Thanks for the replies, I just want to make sure I'm not getting hosed. Got way more money into this thing than I wanted to at this point. I'll try to get more info tomorrow

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
FWIW, blackwater does not have the best rep with engines also...just do a search.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A failed injector could have overfueled the cylinder and burned or cracked the piston. You might want to feel to see if there is any compression coming back through your crankcase. The quick/easy way wiould be to pull your oil fill cap off and put your hand over it to see if there is pressure. The best way is to do a compression test to see if that cylinder is down more than 10%.

·
$HUNGRY6.0
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the shop got back to me, apparently the problem was a bad dummy plug. Was starving the whole bank for fuel. He says it's running good now just waiting on a new tune. Anyone from the CT area needs help go to The Diesel Shop llc, they stand behind their work 100% and Fred is awesome there

·
$HUNGRY6.0
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and I opted for the long block because no shop within a hundred miles of me would reman heads...that and the prices I was quoted from multiple shops to do a motor swap or just heads and studs were within about $800 so now I'm starting fresh and with a warrantee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts