Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bouht a 1999 f250 with 5" exhaust, gauges, and TS six position chip. whats next? cheap or free do it your self mods

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
tymar intake

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
finally seen the bright side.lol.intake,ccv mod,aih delete,boost fooler,zoodad mod,high pressure crossover hose.post a pic of your truck in your avatar

·
Registered
329 Posts
The ccv mod is basically you look under the drivers side valve cover and there is a small dog house piece of plastic which shoots crankcase gases into your intake tract get rid of it and you will not have the nasty looking intake boots anymore put it on the ground or a catch can whichever... search guzzles mod page on here it has alot of good info. The aih delete is basically looking at the turbo you will see a green and red line look to the left and there will be a nut going into the intake spider take it out cut the chit out of it and tape up the power wire. Gut the turbo of the ebpv. Wicked wheel if it doesn already have one. Some ppl polish the intake spider. ATS ported compressor housing.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
A 99 turbo will already have a wicked wheel.

If you don't have a 4" dp already then that will be a lot of help too.
Zoodad IMHO is useless if you have a Tymar or 6637.
CCV mod is worth it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
get the TS reburned with tunes from gearhead

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Get some custom tunes, an intake. Then cut a hole in the header panel directed at the intake (zoodad mod). Unplug the wastegate.

Don't bother spending money on something like a ww, or ats housing for the turbo, if your going to go bigger later. I'm sure you already have something in mind for a target though.
Are you looking for something slightly modified that's reliable and a bit quicker, or are you going to build it up in time?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am working on my 99 7.3 and so far I have done the tymar intake new ts chip gtp38r turbo is her and 1.15 houseing with non ebv pedestal new stage II injectors and 4 inch turbo out exhaust still looking to do more glad you posted this some good cheap things I can do. Check your intercooler boots make sure they are not leaking you can get them from your local international dealer for about a third of ford price and this will cause you to loose power if they leak.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Is it an early or late 99? It makes a difference. Some previously mentioned mods (IAH) do not apply to the early 99. It also has a smaller turbo and some more differences. Check your build date, if its prior to 12-98 it's early.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any easy way to tell if its early or late 99 and whos tuning for the 7.3 is best custom tuning I think I have canned TS tunes I want a lope tune for sure

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Early 99's will have the badges on the front fenders and not the doors and no AIH.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like my tony wildman tunes, he can reburn ts chips. Check out totaldieselperformance.com

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
A 99 turbo will already have a wicked wheel.

If you don't have a 4" dp already then that will be a lot of help too.
Zoodad IMHO is useless if you have a Tymar or 6637.
CCV mod is worth it.
Early 99s do late 99s dont.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
any easy way to tell if its early or late 99 and whos tuning for the 7.3 is best custom tuning I think I have canned TS tunes I want a lope tune for sure
Cross your fingers its a late 99 :confused:

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
finally seen the bright side.lol.
He probably stepped out of a 654,321 mile 1990 D250 with rusted out fenders.....so anything would be an upgrade.

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I am learning the hard way that e99s cost more to build and get more power out of. It stinks having to switch out the whole turbo assembly to put a 38r on it, the smaller injectors stink, the pcms suck, and then the 15 hpop. Only good part is the forged rods. :doh:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have an early 99 and the only complaints i have are the front wheel bearings cost about twice as much.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts