Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best tuner for a LMM Duramax. I know ppe is a good one but what about EFI Live, isnt that kinda like a sct x3 because you can put custom tunes on it. I have a friend that is wanting to ditch the dpf and he asked me but i realy dont have a clue. What about a dodge. My dad has a 08 6.7 and there isnt a week that goes by that it doesnt have a clogged dpf. I know H&S has stuff out for them but what about the edge racing evolution or cts or whatever it is. Any help or comments is appreciated. Thanks!

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
LMM: My cousin runs a PPE / Straight Pipe combo on his 08' and has had zero problems with it. Very good programmer for the money. EFI Live is the best, but kinda pricey.

CumminGs: Smarty or H&S is the only way to go IMO. Smarty or Smarty Jr. would get my money though.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Sent ya a PM

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
LMM: My cousin runs a PPE / Straight Pipe combo on his 08' and has had zero problems with it. Very good programmer for the money. EFI Live is the best, but kinda pricey.

CumminGs: Smarty or H&S is the only way to go IMO. Smarty or Smarty Jr. would get my money though.

Good Luck!

Hit the nail on the head!

On the lmm dmax's we usually run the PPE, but have done a few edge race evolutions and had good luck with them too. the ppe makes quite a bit more power and is smoother imo.

On the dodges, 90% of the ones we do are the MBRP 5 inch exhaust with a Smarty. 4-6 mpg gains is the avg here. the full egr delete is worth every penny as well. Had good luck with the H&S as well, but havent strayed too far from the Smarty just because of the success weve had.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I've been begging my cousin to get a built tranny and a lift pump on so we can turn that PPE way up.

Sucks that it will outrun my truck with only the 90hp tune. :mad:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been begging my cousin to get a built tranny and a lift pump on so we can turn that PPE way up.

Sucks that it will outrun my truck with only the 90hp tune. :mad:
Its time to upgrade to a 6.4 :D

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the H&S Black maxx on my Dodge. It's worked great for me, no issues whatsoever. I'm impressed with how smooth the power is compared to all the various boxes and tuners I've tried over the years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts