Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at buying a CTS3 while the free promo for EGT kit with purchase. My question is what else should I need? Do I have to purchase any other wiring connections etc? Looking for input from others who have gone this direction. I want to be able to monitor transmission temps and EGT. All I do is daily driver and occasional towing. Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have the CTS3 and purchased the EAS kit which adds pyro, fuel pressure, and coolant temperature (or any fluid temp you want to monitor.) The pyro should have the harness to connect to CTS3. Mine is a 97 so pyro, coolant, and fuel pressure aren’t available through OBD2 port. Here is a picture of what I monitor (Haven’t installed coolant sender yet.)

Rectangle Font Gadget Electric blue Technology

·
Registered
209 Posts
That is nice , fore me it would be complicated . I have the driver side door column and not that complicated , barely there . Have other gauges to keep my self entertained . Lost fuel pressure once , saved the job having a gauge . Keep us posted . The Gov Holmes

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine is a 97 so pyro, coolant, and fuel pressure aren’t available through OBD2 port.
No 7.3 of any year can monitor any of those through the OBDII port alone. The pcm does not monitor those.

·
Registered
1997, Ford, F-250, 7.3
61 Posts
The CTS3 with an EGT probe should be all you need. That’s what I run.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You need fuel pressure gauge , no question there ? Hooked my fuel line under hood for years and all went well . Had a length of hose that reached the window and after setting fuel pressure to desired pressure placed gauge on windshield and tested under load . Later added the extra gear to system and pleased i did . Join in ? The Gov Holmes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts