Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got my cts2 in the mail, decided I’d plug it in and see what happens. Plug it into the obd2 on my 01 f350, no power, plug it into my computer via usb cable, powers up instantly and goes into demo mode. I checked the fuses under the dash and all are good. Any ideas? I’m not running they’re tunes if that has anything to do with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have a scanner you can plug into the obd2 port to make sure something else will power up from it? I had an f150 that did the same thing. Had a tuner on it that worked then I took it in to smog it and they said the computer wont link up. I check the fuses and even tho they looked good I swapped a few out and it ended up working. Either reset something or I had a faulty fuse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one but I haven’t tried to use it yet. I can real quick.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I tried my usb elm 327, hooked to my computer and it says “no ELM found.”

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright just out of curiosity, tried hooking my computer up to another pickup I have here with the elm 327, still won’t connect.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you plug the elm wireless dongle in, it should light up.

Check the following

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure. Honestly. It was a different truck that had the problem. Should be a fuse for ECU, or obd2 port.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plug the dongle into the obd2, nothing lights up on either of the trucks I have here (other pickup is an 06 dodge)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The dongle is the issue.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@DieselDC, checked all that with a volt meter, grounds are good but I have no batt voltage on the bottom right.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
@DieselDC, checked all that with a volt meter, grounds are good but I have no batt voltage on the bottom right.

There’s your problem. Your cigarette lighter doesn’t work too right? Check fuse #3 it’s a 20a fuse.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The bottom cigarette lighter doesn’t work, but the one under the little slider does. And #3 under the dash?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Oh boy.........
Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lmao, doesn’t surprise me one bit with this pickup. Bought it from a sketchy dude for the cab and chassis and did a motor swap months back lol

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
Unplug the lower socket. Mine shorted out and kept blowing the fuse. Then put s fuse I'm #3 and see what happens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts