Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my cts2 a couple days ago, installed my eas sending units and cables today (had to wait on shipping). I’m running a universal pressure unit (for boost) and egt unit. I updated the cts2 using the fusion update software and downloaded mystyle software. I read in the manual that I needed to go into mystyle to set up the gauges for both, so I did and I set the universal sensor to the first option (pressure sensor 0-50 psia). Set the alert for 25psi (figured that’s about overboost anyways) and I didn’t mess with the custom mapping. I plugged the monitor back into my pickup and fired it up, egts at idle sat at 260*f and the universal sensor input (boost) read 0, no matter what I did. Egt probe is on driver side manifold, as close to cylinder 8 as possible, and boost sending unit is in the spider (used Teflon to seal the threads). If I switch to the MAP gauge, it reads 12 psi no matter what. Did I mess something up? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
12 psi is atmospheric pressure. You really can't free rev it to get boost. You need to out a load on it. Power brake it

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drove it to work this morning. Egts seem normal, but boost only hit 2 as I was getting on the highway
Edit: peaked at 4 psi, stayed around 2 cruising 70

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
Yeah something isn't right. I can't remember how I hooked up my dad's cts2. Sorry can't help much.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s all good. I’ll do some more research and hopefully someone can respond. Shouldn’t have any leaks, everything from the uppipes to the boots are new

1 - 5 of 5 Posts