Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered one they good or bad

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
little late to be asking isn't it?

Send it back, get a tuned chip..... Hold on, wait for it..........

wait for it..........

wait for it...........

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
The Edge i had on my pickup wasnt worth a FLIP!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i know well it was a surise from my gf.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Well thats awful nice of her.. sounds like she might be a keeper if she can buy you stuff like that for your pickup lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yeah, is there anything to say thats good about the edge cts? i really like the 4.3 touch screen

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
haha yeah, is there anything to say thats good about the edge cts? i really like the 4.3 touch screen
I couldn't tell ya, i've never ran one. But you would be much happier with a chip. From what i've read over the past couple months, Edge is not very good on your trans.

I don't know if PHP can tune the CTS or not. If so i would send it into them. If not and you want more, than sell it and buy a custom chip.

A+ for the GF... I'd say she's a keeper.:D You might be able to keep it for the guages, and for tunes get a chip.

·
Registered
669 Posts
PHP will custom tune your edge CS and CTS. That's a way I would go!

I love the look of the CTS, can monitor alot of parameters, saved money in gauges and still get some power outa it! I was going to get the CS but everone told me the same thing and get a custom chip and then a month later PHP came out and side they could custom tune them!:doh:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much would that cost?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i installed a CS in a truck last week, it was kinda cool. you can go in and adjust your shift points if you have an auto and you can adjust your timing. if your not shooting for a #### load of power it should be ok for you.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Get a hold of PHP on here or grovey chick or however you spell it that's on here or powerstroke. org

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Pick me! Pick me!

The CTS is awesome. Unfortunately, I am not real fond of "dash candy" so I can't say that I'd buy one.....but only for that reason.

The technology and ability to display information is great. It's easy to read in the sunlight and you have the ability to monitor PCM inputs/outputs....as the PCM sees them. Did your girlfriend happen to get the thermocouple for the EGT gauge as well?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I couldnt tell you

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah thats what im thinkin bout doing now

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Why?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the tunes that come with the CTS. You will like the way the truck runs. In all honesty, the truck will make as much power in the extreme setting on the CTS as it will with anyone else's custom tuning with your stock injectors. You will have just as many transmission problems with it as you would with anybody else's tuning....with an E4OD, it's only a matter of time.

Run it and use it. THEN decide if you want to spend more money.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
just ordered one they good or bad
The CTS is a great programmer and is a wonderful alternative for customers who don't already have gauges. It comes with canned tunes; however, PHP can custom tune it for you if you decided that you wanted custom tunes. We can put any of our tunes on it -- the same ones we'd put on a chip. Since the CTS doesn't have switch-on-the-fly capability, however, there are some (like Whisper Mode™) that wouldn't make sense to have. The canned tunes on the CTS are CARB certified (and also have to fit a variety of trucks/applications), so they are considerably more conservative than custom tunes. Edge has sold tens of thousands of the Evo, Evo CS, and Evo CTS programmers, so they must be doing something right! :D

I couldn't tell ya, i've never ran one. But you would be much happier with a chip. From what i've read over the past couple months, Edge is not very good on your trans. Please know that this is what I call a Forum Fact. Edge has had a problem with the JUICE with ATTITUDE and trannys -- NOT the EVOLUTION. And how do I know this? Because Bill wrote the canned tunes on the Evo, and we are in daily contact with Edge and to date, they have received ZERO complaints about the Evo and a tranny issue. If they were getting phone call after phone call about tranny issues, Bill would be the very first person they would call. The Juice has had problems because there is no transmission tuning with the unit; the Evo does tune the transmission.

I don't know if PHP can tune the CTS or not. If so i would send it into them. If not and you want more, than sell it and buy a custom chip.

A+ for the GF... I'd say she's a keeper.:D You might be able to keep it for the guages, and for tunes get a chip.
If you do decide that you'd prefer a chip vs. a programmer, Edge (and we) offer the Insight. You'll still have the gauges, but it will be considerably less expensive than the CTS since there is no programming. Hope the info helps!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts