Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 97 and the cruse doesnt work dont know any thing about fords .but i have checked all fues and they are good. nothing comes on when you push the buttons on the wheel .any one ?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
you will get a letter in the mail if it pertains to you..... which it should, you fall in the category to have the product improvement done.... they replace the cruise control harness cuz its known to start on fire

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would my local ford dealer know about this? just had the cam sensor replaced free of charge .they didnt say a word about it .

·
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic
635 Posts
:whs: Beat me to it, it takes about 20 mins at the stealer and its FREE :D Don't know about your dealer but all I had to do at mine was give them the VIN number for it

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I had the recall done about a month ago. It took about 45 mins on my day off. Well worth the piece of mind. Just go down there and they'll run your vin. I'm told all 7.3's with cc are part of the recall.

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
:whs: about the recall. Takes a few min, mine was done in 5 min. Also check the switch at the end of your brake master cylinder, check the connector and the plugs for corrosion.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got to looking at the paper (bill and they did replace some wire } next to or on the the brake master cylinder . how does the center pice come off were the horn is mabe the on off switch is bad were does this wireing come to on the motor ?

·
Terminator Nation
5,121 Posts
Check your third brake light on the cab. The cruise control senses the current to this light and if its burned out, the cruise doesn't work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts