Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
I did some reading on this subject and it looks like the fire issue recall only applies to the gasser trucks.

Tom

·
SLOW LEARNER
739 Posts
Stroked95 I should have replaced the pigtail there but I just put a ziptie for now and its been ok.The plug was workin itself loose.

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
Well mine still dont work and its making me made to say the least.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
I Never could get it to work in my '94 so I gave up since I've got 2 other trucks that it works in.

-Michael

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
well I have a 700 mile trip coming up I would really like to try it.

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
havent check relays how would you go about that? all fuses are good

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Got4x4 had his cruise die and it turned out to be a PCM failure after checking everything else. Put in a replacement PCM and cruise worked. No other symptoms of a bad PCM.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ouch! I'm sure that was fun to track down!

I've checked my horn pad (nothing suspicious - horn still works), fuses, and pressure sensor on the master cylinder. My reverse lights stopped working as well, but I'm not sure if they went out at the same time. Going to fix the reverse lights and then possibly replace the clock spring... I really hope it's not the PCM.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
There is no real clockspring, just three spring load brass tabs.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
498 Posts
My CC lights do not light up on the steering wheel and my CC doesn't work. I'm pretty sure my back up and reverse lights work. Not sure about the third brake light or fuses. Will report back more after this upcoming weekend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check, third brake light, underhood fuses, multifunction switch on column, and wiring in the steering column.
My 97 power stroke lost cruise control and the transmission was acting up.RPMs were going from 2200 to 1600 back and forth around 50 and 60 mph.Acted like a serious problem.After a few hours of working on it.....it was just the third brake light bulb was burned out.WTF.I also found a tsb that states that if you install a LED bulb it will affect torque convertor.If it was not for this forum i would still be scratching my ass.Im also a certified mechanic.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Welcome! Is the speedometer jumping around as well? You may need to clean the speed sensor in the rear axle. Take it out and wipe it off and see if the problem continues. You might get more notice if you start a new thread.

Cj

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome! Is the speedometer jumping around as well? You may need to clean the speed sensor in the rear axle. Take it out and wipe it off and see if the problem continues. You might get more notice if you start a new thread.

Cj
Problem was burned out third brake light.The wiring prints on mitchell 1 was not much help

41 - 56 of 56 Posts