Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
My lights I dont think have ever worked. I know the coast button has always be flakey. But the cruise has always set fine. where do I get this coil and how hard is it to change?

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
Guess I will check that out in the next couple of days

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had the same problem as Speedy but there were no blown fuses...Just enough liquid in it to trip the connection some how. Either way, got it replaced and I haven't had a problem since. Might wanna make sure that's it before you start replacing the more expensive parts....I learned the hard way.

·
Speedy
132 Posts
Check that sensor on the master cylinder if its wet thats most likely the problem

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
I tryed jumping that plug and it still didnt work.

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
which sensor is it on the master cylinder?
Its the pressure switch out on the end/ top of master cylinder there is a two wire plug on it.

·
SLOW LEARNER
739 Posts
I have had 2 problems with my cc.The first was the brake switch.It was shorted just enough to kill my cc and flicker the brake lights once in a while.The 2nd which was similar to yours ended up being a broken tab holding the neutral safety switch in to the right of the clutch pedal.It had come loose and because I had bypassed the starting part long ago it took awhile to find the problem.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
TERRCO- so all you did was fix the tab and it worked, or did you have to replace something? Just curious because I've also by passed the nuetral start switch.

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
My backup lights arent working either could that have anything to do with it? I just try and find that problem tomorrow.

·
Speedy
132 Posts
Hey JD 9610 my backup lights quit working once that pressure sensor shorted out I guess its on same fuse as the backup lights. Dont recall it being listed on the cover as on that fuse but it was.

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
I check all fuses and they are good. I used a meter on everyone so I know they are good. how does that pressure switch work? normal open or closed trying to check it with a meter.

·
Speedy
132 Posts
I'm not sure mine was just leaking fluid bad raound the top and the plug and when I replaed the blown fuse i seen small smoke and sizzle on the plug area right before it blowed the fuse. Is you pressure switch leaking fluid if not then you may have a different problem. Good Luck.

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
pressure switch is dry. changed the transmission range sel. On the side of the tranny and It didnt fix a thing. So now I'm way in the dark on this. No back up lights or cruise. I dont know if they are linked or not.

·
Speedy
132 Posts
:shrug: Don't no man.

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
Thanks Dave.

Tom

·
Registered
262 Posts