Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the past year or so there were times my cc wouldnt work but would work after driving for an hour. well the for the past 3 weeks my cc hasnt worked at all and i was just wondering where i should start. ive already cleaned the switches but i havent had time to do any continuity tests on them yet. im hopefully gunna try to get to it this weekend. thanks for any input - Chris

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Check, third brake light, underhood fuses, multifunction switch on column, and wiring in the steering column.

·
Speedy
132 Posts
MIne done this ended up the pressure sensor on the master cylinder was shorting out because it was leaking fluid out and it ate the coating off the wires. It blew one of the fuses in the engine compartment fuse box finallly and quit working all together also it made my backup lights quit working. I guess this is a problem for ford according to my ford dealer. They got an updated part out for it and it runs like $17 I put it on and it fixed the problems.

·
Registered
290 Posts
MIne done this ended up the pressure sensor on the master cylinder was shorting out because it was leaking fluid out and it ate the coating off the wires. It blew one of the fuses in the engine compartment fuse box finallly and quit working all together also it made my backup lights quit working. I guess this is a problem for ford according to my ford dealer. They got an updated part out for it and it runs like $17 I put it on and it fixed the problems.

X2
This sensor i believe is on recall due to it can cause a fire. (some years)
The update sensor is red IICR.

Bill

·
Registered
542 Posts
I thought the recall covered all vehicles without a diesel?

·
Speedy
132 Posts
they told me to keep my receipt on the part incase ford recalls it or something like that. But yeah the new part is totally different.

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
I'm in the same boat. my cc dont work either

·
Registered
542 Posts
Make sure to check the 3rd brake light.

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
what is the clock spring

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
its a coil of "wire" in the steering wheel that allows the controls to still function while the wheel can still turn.

its basically a coil of wire, and as it starts to wear out, your controls will intermitintly work untill one day the contact is gone. thats when you loose all your steering wheel functions. does your horn still work?

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
I would like to have the part number for that new sensor. That is the fire causing part.

Tom

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
Yes horn blows But the driver dont so do ask that. lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts