Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the last week or so my cruise has been kicking out, and its usually when I hit a larger bump.
So I was thinking that maybe there is a wire that has rubbed thru somewhere. But I just noticed today that when I hit the larger bumps in the road that my speedo bounces around. The speedo drops about 10 - 15 km/h. So now I'm not so sure that it is a bare wire somewhere. Where does a guy start looking?

·
Diesel
51 Posts
As far as the cruise, I have heard a bad clock spring behind the steering wheel can cause problems with cruise, horn and other steering wheel mounted buttons. And for the speedo try doing a gauge sweep by holding down the tripometer button and turning the key on then press it one more time and it should sweep gauges. After they sweep and go back to zero turn the key off and you should be good to go. See if that does anything for you.

·
Administrator
32,990 Posts

this is your rear ABS and speedo sensor if the speed is interrupted your cruise cuts off ( understandably )

check wiring / pull and clean sensor / replace if needed

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on guys. Thanks. I'll check that sensor on the diff. And yes, I forgot to mention that it was also throwing the abs light on. Hopefully thats all it is. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys were right. Turned out, it was just a broken wire at the speedo sensor on top of the diff. Thanks.

·
Administrator
32,990 Posts
Turd
remember a long time ago you came on here with a question and
I replied that I was having a hard time deciding if I should even respond to a user named "Turd" I think I even asked if you were going to change it

I am glad you didn't change it you really lived up to the name

LOL

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,872 Posts
Turd
remember a long time ago you came on here with a question and
I replied that I was having a hard time deciding if I should even respond to a user named "Turd" I think I even asked if you were going to change it

I am glad you didn't change it you really lived up to the name

LOL
i remember that! aren't you glad you answered the turd? lol i am :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts