Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I recently lost my cruise on my 2002 7.3. Just stopped working all of a sudden and I unplugged the sensor on the master cylinder to see maybe it was sticking and thinking im appling the brake but that didnt help either. Im thinkin maybe its the switch on the steering wheel unless theres something else I can check? Second .... now this is weird. I had the a/c on yesterday and switched the 4 wheel drive on to circulate the new fluid I just put in and the a/c switched itselt to the defroster vents from the dash front vents so I turned off the 4 wheel drive and after about 10 seconds it switched back to the front dash vents.... never had this in any other truck b4 so it has me stumped :bowfast:

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone had any of this happen ? Its prob my luck and have a spirit lurking somewhere...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
if the ac switched to defrost with the 4x4 getting switched you have a vacuum leak....check all of your lines ( the ones leading to the hubs are the culprit ALOT ) as well as leading into the truck....check all of these and you may find your problem.

Chad

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much tonka and I replaced them stock prone to break hubs about 4 months ago with the warn premium and took the vacuum hoses off that run to the spindle cause they werent needed anymore so maybe one of the plugs I put on the frame connects came off. thanks again Ill check them out and let you know the outcome......

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ijust recently had an odd thing happen the other day too. I started the truck and the power windows wouldnt work at all so I shut the truck off and restarted it and they worked fine then. What could cause that? Its happened only a few times within the last couple months and has me stumped lol.... Afew little problems to ween out but in the 4 years Ive had the truck Its been great besides the 8 front wheel bearings and had to por-15 the oil pan witched worked great. That stuff is like steel once dry. Still wearing it off my elbow even after a month. thanks again....

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The hub thing is wierd.... i had the same issue happen and you may want to replace your GEM module it sounds like it may be failing. that sounds more like your culprit if the windows are freaking out as well....

Chad

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I found that one of the plugs I put on the vacuum ports in the frame dry rotted and actually fell off when I touched it so im going to get 2 new ones today and see if that does the a/c fix. Wheres that gem module located Ill have to get another one of them and try it. thanks again

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The gem module is located on the fuse box....bolted behind it actually mounted to the fuse panel...have you had any issues with your wipers or anything else?

Chad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man Im glad someone asked about the defrost/4x4 issue. Has happened to me a few times. I know that over time they have vacuum issues with the auto locking hubs, and know that mine need attention anyways.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope just the damn issue with the power windows and just once in a while. Its like all the windows are dead and will not work unless you shut the truck back off and restart it. Now yesterday I had to shut it off and restart it 3 times and the windows woul finally work. I think im just gonna change that gem module and give it a shot and ill let you all know. Yep that plug that fell off in my hand I put in the frame to cap the vacuum lins for the hubs was the cultrip. Iput the new ones on and bam could use 4x4 or not and the a/c stayed right in the dash vents woo-hoo. All thats left is this window glitch and ill let yous know how I make out with the gem module. it might take a few days since it doesnt do it all the time but its getting more often so well see......

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok btw ATC, them hubs are junk. I went threw 3 sets and finally put the warn premium golds on with the gold dial (not the cheap plastic) and they work flawlessly. I love knowing when I unlock the hub that its actually going to stay unlocked and that im going to be able to unlock them. I had to take the guts out more then once because they wouldnt unlock. Glad there history.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok I looked for the gem module but first someone told me there was a second fuse box up behind the glove box so I dropped the glove box down to see and nope no other fuse box BUT I see up under the dash back there and under the pass side air bag what looks to be the gem module or a gem module from a pic I saw on the computer of what it looks like. Could this be the gem im looking for?? Just asking before i tear into taking the fuse box down. mines an 02 quad cab lariat if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance for any input....

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
No thats not the.GEM its on your fuse box under the dash

Chad

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
great thank you for clearing that up for me so I know I wont be taking the dash apart for nothing lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts