Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys tried Crown Black? Picked up a pint yesterday. They bumped it up to 90 proof versus the 80 on the purple. Its more smooth than the purple with more of a hint of bourbon taste. It is darker colorwise.

It packs a punch. price isnt as much as buying Special Reserve etc either. $17 for a pint.

Try It!

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Hmm. I know the Crown Reserve is some tasty stuff. Have to try some of this.

I know my friends that are Jack drinkers are now drinking the Gentleman's Jack. Supposedly smoother.

Everyone is stepping up there game now.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm. I know the Crown Reserve is some tasty stuff. Have to try some of this.

I know my friends that are Jack drinkers are now drinking the Gentleman's Jack. Supposedly smoother.

Everyone is stepping up there game now.
I really think Jack drinkers will like it. You can really taste the hint of Bourbon.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
I'm not a fan of Crown, or Canadian Whiskey in General, but my Dad loves the stuff, so I'll have to let him know to try it.

Gentleman Jack however, is still on my to-do list.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
haha, i will hit up my buddy at the LS by my friends house. Indian family own it, but the guy I see EVERY time im there knows us all by name. He is cheap on beer but not on the hard stuff, but he will order in anything for me and my buddies so i guess i will talk to him and pay a few bucks more. Should be worth trying it :D

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
Our local liquor store has had a bottle of XR in the case for awhile, i think its marked down to like $50 some bucks now.

I'd love to try it. I am a big fan of whiskey.

Father In Law has a bottle of Redbrest in the closet that is some good stuff, I've been between crown and woodford reserve lately, looking forward to trying the black!

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Our local liquor store has had a bottle of XR in the case for awhile, i think its marked down to like $50 some bucks now.

I'd love to try it. I am a big fan of whiskey.

Father In Law has a bottle of Redbrest in the closet that is some good stuff, I've been between crown and woodford reserve lately, looking forward to trying the black!
I think you might find it as a good compromise to paying big $$ for Reserve, XR etc...

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I'm not a fan of Crown, or Canadian Whiskey in General, but my Dad loves the stuff, so I'll have to let him know to try it.

Gentleman Jack however, is still on my to-do list.
Gentleman Jack is basically lower proof Jack. Filtered a bit more also.

Tried the Crown Black a month or so ago. Not bad for a Canadian.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will be stopping @ the LS on the way home now.

·
Slacker
537 Posts
I LOVE some Crown. I picked up a 3L bottle on a cruise a couple of years ago and now I try to keep that bottle full! :D I have recently gotten some Cask No 16 which is also pretty good.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
EWWWWWWW Crown!!!!!

I got so sick off that stuff.....

Tip to anyone out there.....NEVER mix crown and mountain dew......OMG you will puke LIME green. haha

1 - 20 of 48 Posts