Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the KCM stainless Steel High pressure Crossover line? it goes from one head to the other directly across. I am looking to get one on Diesel Power Products, they claim it will help with IPR spikes and also quiet the engine, trying to figure out if its worth the money.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got a stainless braided line for my crossover. It might be just little quieter but I cant really tell any difference .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I dont think that does anything

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I have been running one now for over 20 years and have not noticed a difference.

Perhaps if you had the proper gauges on to read IPR spikes or a decibel meter to see if it idles quieter you might notice a difference.

It is one mod that I could of done without.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok great thank you for your inputs, ya all the videos i watch and articles read I find, dont state any real value to buying one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually did this mod a few year's back and think it runs smoother and quieter. It's not earth shattering but it makes sense to me by eliminating the dead head issue and the oil circulating which has to create a more consistent oil pressure flow. Just my opinion, I don't regret it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMO, your money might be better spent eliminating the 'dead-head' design of the fuel system (regulated return, etc.)

I did not install an HPOP cross-over, but I did re-route the driver's side fuel line to feed the rear of the head. i.e. cyl 8 first

·
Registered
272 Posts
I actually did this mod a few year's back and think it runs smoother and quieter. It's not earth shattering but it makes sense to me by eliminating the dead head issue and the oil circulating which has to create a more consistent oil pressure flow. Just my opinion, I don't regret it.

Ditto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts