Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ya, the new guy..
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question.

Does anybody know if the rear window regulators are the same as the fronts? Rock auto is showing me the same pn for manual regulators front to rear, but nonspecific on powered windows.

Just wondering if anybody knows of a source for the regulators, besides a parts truck or junkyard. Or, if fronts would work or can be made to work

I'm open to the idea of a complete powered door as well... Just discovered that my drivers rear door is rotten in the bottom seam

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Quick question.

Does anybody know if the rear window regulators are the same as the fronts? Rock auto is showing me the same pn for manual regulators front to rear, but nonspecific on powered windows.

Just wondering if anybody knows of a source for the regulators, besides a parts truck or junkyard. Or, if fronts would work or can be made to work

I'm open to the idea of a complete powered door as well... Just discovered that my drivers rear door is rotten in the bottom seam

By regulators, do you mean the whole guys or just the power ,motor?

·
Ya, the new guy..
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just the regulator I suppose.. They list a motor for the rear door on rockauto and a regulator/motor assembly for the front door. After some digging through the junk yards I've kinda found that most older Ford suv's it seems are using a single vertical track for the rear door regulators that are powered.

Ive never been inside a powered cc door though, so I'm not sure if the same is true for our trucks. If it can be done, I'm considering pulling regulators out of a square body Explorer to use. Or to at least experiment with.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

·
Ya, the new guy..
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rest of my guts are fine, I just don't have any power options. The manual/crank regulators are identical between front and rear doors, but I don't know about power windows. There are no crew cabs in the local junk yards and I haven't come across any on fleabay or cl.

I found a powered extended cab truck with rke the other day while I was dash hunting. Robbed it's under dash harness since it's attached to the dash. That knocks out both wiring for power and rke. It's not a powerstroke though, so I'll be stripping everything out that's gas specific and stuffing everything diesel specific in.

I know there are easier ways, I actually found Alberta 7. 3's post when I was first exploring the rke options for a non rke truck. I've got 5 weeks off work as of right now, so I've got no problems with taking my time tinkering with the electrical.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am having issues with my rear windows. They move slow because they are rocking at an angle. I have not had it apart, what can I do to repair this? Are parts available new or aftermarket?

Also, the drivers side window seems to have less power to raise. When I start the motor(engine) and the glow plugs are on the window won't lower due to the voltage drop at the batteries. Once the glow plugs turn off the window will lower.

·
Ya, the new guy..
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the rocking window, I'd suggest checking the window channels and seeing if they're loose. My front door does that with manual/crank windows due to the frame of my vent window being broken at the window track. There are bolts that hold the channel in place around the mid section on both the right and left, I'll post a couple pictures for you

·
Ya, the new guy..
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I haven't actually found any regulators, nor do I know what they should look like for the rear doors. If you could get a picture, I'd love you for it lol. I do know that just motors can be found on rock auto. Iirc it's the same part for front and rear doors

·
Ya, the new guy..
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have crank windows, I'm trying to switch to powered windows. I'm gonna get a extra powered unit for a front door when I make a return trip to the junk yard and look at it.

I really don't know why it wouldn't work, the manual regulators are identical for front and rear doors. I just figured maybe there might be someone with more knowledge that could chime in with a yay or nay.

One way or another I'm gonna get power to all 4 of my doors this month

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
The rest of my guts are fine, I just don't have any power options. The manual/crank regulators are identical between front and rear doors, but I don't know about power windows. There are no crew cabs in the local junk yards and I haven't come across any on fleabay or cl.

I found a powered extended cab truck with rke the other day while I was dash hunting. Robbed it's under dash harness since it's attached to the dash. That knocks out both wiring for power and rke. It's not a powerstroke though, so I'll be stripping everything out that's gas specific and stuffing everything diesel specific in.

I know there are easier ways, I actually found Alberta 7. 3's post when I was first exploring the rke options for a non rke truck. I've got 5 weeks off work as of right now, so I've got no problems with taking my time tinkering with the electrical.

Ok, you want to make you manual rear doors power. You need the REAR door regulators and such. Along with he full 4 door power parents and drivers door panel

·
Ya, the new guy..
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, that's most of what I needed to know right there. If I don't come across a crew cab truck with power options, I'm still gonna try and experiment with other options for the electrical side. I'd love to find it all in one truck, but we'll see what comes up after some recovery time for me.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Thanks, that's most of what I needed to know right there. If I don't come across a crew cab truck with power options, I'm still gonna try and experiment with other options for the electrical side. I'd love to find it all in one truck, but we'll see what comes up after some recovery time for me.
You will need a Full 4 door power window harness and the master switch to control them all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very old thread I know, but I'm needing a power rear window regulator on my driver's side and can't find one but can find the fronts so I'm wanting to know if anyone has confirmed if the front regulator will work in the rear door or can be made to work?

Thanks!!

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Very old thread I know, but I'm needing a power rear window regulator on my driver's side and can't find one but can find the fronts so I'm wanting to know if anyone has confirmed if the front regulator will work in the rear door or can be made to work?

Thanks!!
No, completely different

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, completely different
Do you know of any place to buy a new rear regulator or one from another model that'd work? My driver's side rear window rolls up and down fine, clicks like it's jumping teeth at the top then the windows slowly falls down about 1/4" as I drive down the road.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
It could be the plastic "dogs" in the motor gear. You can get replacements in the local auto parts store HELP! section. The dogs like to disintegrate. You can get the motor out without gutting the door. You might have to drill a couple of holes in the door inner skin to access the motor bolts. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts