Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you crew cab owners taken a look at your roof. I was in the process of replacing a cab light bulb and noticed a crack the length of the cab roof. This crack is on both the passenger and drivers side of the roof. It is located in the first rain gutter channel on both sides. I ordered my truck new from the dealership so no it has not been wrecked.
Has any body even seen anything like this on their roof.
I remember reading about this about 7-8 years ago but payed no attention to it. It seems there is a piece of trim that is sealed in the rain channel and has been painted and clearcoated over and now it has cracked the length of the cab. The crack is on both sides of the sealed trim piece length wise. Worried this will lead to a bigger stress crack and begin to leak.
So crew cab owners check your roof and report back with some input.

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
I have it on my extended cab. It's a common problem with Fords... similar to the "door crack" issue on 1997-2003 F-150s.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it on my extended cab. It's a common problem with Fords... similar to the "door crack" issue on 1997-2003 F-150s.
Is it something that needs attention? Should something be done?

·
No 6.0
625 Posts

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
I noticed this on mine the last time I was up there waxing.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wont it start to rust?
Good question.
I wonder if there is a seam under that piece of trim in that channel. Maybe someone that frequents the salvage yards can look in to what is under that piece of trim and see what it looks like. Is it just body filler around that piece and then paint and clear and the body movement has it stress cracked.

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
got it on my excab as well thought it was from the sun but what do i know. hope its nothing that needs attion

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I have not seen it in our crew cabs or ext cabs. There is a truck in a salvage yard that I will take a look at next time I get a chance to go out there

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine has this and has started to rust. It'll be getting fixed very soon.

So keep an eye on it.

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
My truck has had lots of rust...but never on the roof cracks. Go figure. :pointlaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts