Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a crew cab long bed. But I really want a ext cab short bed. What will be the mIn difference in them performance wise. I was going to make my truck a drag/daily driver please let me know.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Besides the obvious?

It's just a longer heavier version...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much of a difference is the turning radius and how much would I be able to sell it for. It's a 03 crew cab long bed lifted 35's. Exhaust. Edge. Or would I be able to trade for a nbs ext cab short bed easy?

·
Registered
670 Posts
It'll tow big trailers a little better.....

It'll be a little harder to park in a parking lot with no trailer.....

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
How much of a difference is the turning radius and how much would I be able to sell it for. It's a 03 crew cab long bed lifted 35's. Exhaust. Edge. Or would I be able to trade for a nbs ext cab short bed easy?
These are questions we can't really answer without seeing it or seeing what your trading for... If it's not what you want, don't buy it. Buy what you want.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Im looking at a crew cab long bed. But I really want a ext cab short bed. What will be the mIn difference in them performance wise. I was going to make my truck a drag/daily driver please let me know.
If that's your goal from the get go get the ext short bed. CCLB can be a pain as a DD in tight places.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Is there a big mArket for crew cab long beds compared to ext cab short beds
And how big a difference In performance will it be
I don't quite understand what your getting at here. :confused:
A CCLB is going to be longer & heavier. The market for a land yacht is going to be smaller then an ext cab short bed. For performance you'll have less weight & go faster horse power to horse power with the lighter truck.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Is there a big mArket for crew cab long beds compared to ext cab short beds
There is a market for each one... People that want to haul and tow family trailers and things like that prefer crew cabs. People that want to daily drive a diesel for the MPG's are going to get something smaller.. If you are asking these questions because you want to get the CC and then flip it and get whatever you want, your probably going to lose money when all is said and done. Just get the shortbed ext cab that you want..

And how big a difference In performance will it be
If they are both 7.3L then they have the same motor...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing is I have 2 people offering me crew cabs. One long bed one short bed. That's why I'm asking but I'm really looking ffor a ext cab short bed bit they are very hard to find especially for trade

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I see ext cab short beds everywhere.

·
Registered
222 Posts
In these parts a cclb would be easier to sell over a sc. Its a desireable configuration and not many available. I drive one everyday and parking either requires a drive through spot, or pulling in/hitting reverse and straightening out. If your concerned about resale, then a cclb, 6 speed, lariat would have people begging you to sell it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts