Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way back from Texas Diesel Nationals yesterday I noticed my trans temp gauge slowy climbing up past 180, then 210, then 230, then pegged the 260. After about a minute, it started jumping around all over the place. My temp gauge on the dash never moved out of the normal range. It's done this once before after I got my EGR delete on. I took the sender out, cleaned it up and checked the connections and everything looked good. It's worked fine until yesterday. Checked the ground going to the brain box and it seemed fine, especially since my other gauges were working fine. Do I have a gremlin in this thing or is there anything else I should look at?

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
My ISSPro trans temp gauge has done the same thing a few times in the past month. I knew it was the gauge tho bc it would do it just when i started driving. I could cut the truck off and cut it back on and it would show the correct temp. You and I may just need to replace our gauges......

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine's an isspro as well. I've only had them on a few months though :mad:

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well mine will show the normal temp (about 160) for about 20 min of driving then start to creep up slowly. then it will jump to 260 or so and then start acting erratically. The thing that has got me worried is the slow gradual increase in temp until it goes haywire. Wondering if it's really reading an increase in temp before it goes ape#### or if it's just the gauge? hoping there is not an underlying trans issue...

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Next time it does it if you are able to cut the truck off and then cut the truck back on and see what the gauge reads. It should reset then go to the correct temperature.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
there may be another thread somewhere here on these gauges..... do a search, it may have been another gauge, but same brand from what i remember

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I disconnected the wire where the sensor connects to the harness that goes into the truck and cleaned all the contact points of the plug and put on die electric grease....no problem issue resolved. Hope this helps

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine did the same thing. I disconnected the wire where the sensor connects to the harness that goes into the truck and cleaned all the contact points of the plug and put on die electric grease....no problem issue resolved. Hope this helps
i'll giver a try thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts