Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, today i swapped out the injectors in my f450 (2004 6.0) everything went great with the install, but on start up the truck is idling at 1800ish rpm really choppy/missing, wont idle down and if you push the throttle it revs up very quick but doesnt rev down at normal speed... kind of like a delay, also the motor seems a good bit louder then before... and is bellowing black smoke out of the exhaust like a race tune would from a red light at full throttle, only aftermarket stuff the truck as is a egr delete and towing tune from IDP, ive dont alot of 6.0 work in the past but never seen/heard of anything like this??

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
You have an extremely gay avatar.

What year/mileage truck were the donor injectors out of. How did THAT truck run before hand? Do you know if they were actually stock injectors?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont hate on my avatar stupid, it had a little over 100k on it and the injectors were replaced by ford 6700miles ago... all 8, both motors donor and mine are late 03 production 04 motors (sensor in passenger valve cover not under turbo), donor ran like a dream before swap out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marty i swapped out the PCM and its working flawless.... gonna run it over to eric tomm for a reflash:gun:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts