Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006. I went to start it this morning and it will only crank over. It ran fine yesterday when I drove it. Does anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
775 Posts
sounds like high pressure oil pump might have went up....just recently called about this and they told me to have them check this.....

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,486 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, there are a number of things that will cause a no-start condition in a 6.0L.

You really do need to get the codes read OR you could begin some troubleshooting of your own.

Here is a no-start thread to look over:
Troubleshooting a No-Start condition - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Thanks for the info

I changed the cranks sensor the oil and filter still no start. I had it taken to a shop and they thought it was the ICP sensor. Still does not start. I think I may have to take it to the dealership. That sucks.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks for the info

I changed the cranks sensor the oil and filter still no start. I had it taken to a shop and they thought it was the ICP sensor. Still does not start. I think I may have to take it to the dealership. That sucks.
Keep us posted
2 stroker

·
Registered
675 Posts
if you plan on owning that truck for awhile. look into buyign Auto Enginuity it is a scan tool software for you laptop and will let you monitor all of your trucks paramaters and will make it simple to troublshoot. It only cost around $350 and can be hooked up to any ford with OBD2 and you can also buy other packages to hook up to other brands. its well worth it and will pay itself off in no time

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
if you plan on owning that truck for awhile. look into buyign Auto Enginuity it is a scan tool software for you laptop and will let you monitor all of your trucks paramaters and will make it simple to troublshoot. It only cost around $350 and can be hooked up to any ford with OBD2 and you can also buy other packages to hook up to other brands. its well worth it and will pay itself off in no time

I totally agree with this. I just bought one and love it. HIGHLY recommend it. :bowfast: Auto Enginuity!!!!

·
Word
608 Posts
Easy way to check the ICP is simply unplug it...it should start if the ICP is bad...another thing to check if the HPOP and obvious concerns are not found is the SYNC PID...this is a yes or no PID...it must read YES when you're trying to start the vehicle....this checks the communication between the ECU and FICM...if it reads NO than they're not communicating for whatever reason...I ran into this once for a no start concern and found this after everything else checked out...just my .02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts