Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone. I’m new to the diesel world and just bought a 97 F250 Auto. It was said to have needed a new PCM so I ordered a new one and put it In today.

I’m getting the WTS light staying on, no tach reading (with new CPS) and 324 codes. Most of them being circuit failure or malfunction or voltage supply circuit low.

But my scanner is reading 12.34 volts
Computer Font Personal computer Rectangle Gadget

Output device Gadget Luggage and bags Font Communication Device

Rectangle Font Output device Water Display device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clear all the codes and then see what comes up.

What scanner are you using?

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

A few of those problems are not monitored by the PCM

A few of those problems are not monitored by the PCM
It’s all the same codes after clearing them... didn’t even have to crank for them to come back.

using an Autel Maxi pro mp808

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't believe that you scanner is coming up with correct codes for our trucks. 99% of the scanners out there will not read the codes on our trucks, you need on for Ford specific codes

As was mentioned there are a number of codes on your list that are not monitored by the PCM on these trucks, so they are false readings.

Look into FORScan Lite to run on a smart phone along with the ELM 327 Bluetooth adapter. FORScan Lite is a free app.

As for codes here is a link to what you should see, the code will start with a P such as P0603 which is a PCM code for Keep Alive Memory which will be set when the trucks batteries are disconnected.

thank you, I’ll try the different scanner.

what would P603 tell me? That the ecm isn’t working or is? Or were you just giving that as an example?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't believe that you scanner is coming up with correct codes for our trucks. 99% of the scanners out there will not read the codes on our trucks, you need on for Ford specific codes

As was mentioned there are a number of codes on your list that are not monitored by the PCM on these trucks, so they are false readings.

Look into FORScan Lite to run on a smart phone along with the ELM 327 Bluetooth adapter. FORScan Lite is a free app.

As for codes here is a link to what you should see, the code will start with a P such as P0603 which is a PCM code for Keep Alive Memory which will be set when the trucks batteries are disconnected.

I also have your typical autozone style scanner. Would that be a little better?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts