Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 7.3 Tested alternator, all fuses look good, brand new batteries, new starter solenoid. running fine sat for a month because of wheel bearings needing replaced. Have not checked hpop res,
Has new transmission, new injectors, new glow plugs new harness for both, new pcm when tranny was installed 3 months ago.

Also my 2000 7.3 was driving home and it just shut off. Hpop res has oil, tried to hook up to the computer and it won't connect. All fuses look good in it also. I don't have a computer to hook to the 96. Same thing cranks and no start. I have ipr, and icp for this truck the 2000 I am putting in tomorrow. Has new batteries

Any help would be appreciated

Merry Christmas to me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 96 I changed the icp and it is back up.

The 2000 I changed icp, ipr and it was back up for a little over a week. No it's back to crank no start. I change the cam sensor today and nothing changed the glow plug relay and nothing.

Stuck on what it is

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Do you have any scanning software such as Forscan? Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We hooked up the scanner tool it powers it up but error when scanning. It started with starting fluid today but I turned it off right away.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What scanner are you using? Is it a box store scanner (Napa, Oriellly, etc)? I've posted this on other threads: "I would recommend that you first invest in FORScan (forscan.org) and a suitable adapter. I have an OBDLink EX usb adapter (should you wish to use a computer to collect data), or take a look at either a BAFX or OBDLink unit. Both BAFX/OBDLink have a bluetooth/Wifi units (there are a few folks around here that recommend them) that will would work with a smart phone (Run of the mill box store scanners and even a great number of the higher end scanners can't touch these trucks as Ford used the "heavy duty diesel" protocol for communication). Once you are setup I would capture data.. At minimum I would save RPM (really this is CPS), ICP, IPR, MAP, EOT and IVS (at least I think that is the PID for the go petal). FORScan will allow you to save the data as a .csv file which you can import into excel. The information you get from the truck will help identify what your problem really is without just "throwing parts" at the truck."

Cj

And Welcome to PSN!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts