Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just put my starter on and went to crank to start it and has nothing. It has smoke comming out of the stacks. I need this damn thing to run. Any help is needed. The check engine light comes on when you crank but no other time.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Free bump since I have the same prob. Check your bat leads. After that GPs and GPR.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I went out after the rain and charging the battery cause it was dying from cranking it and it fired up. So I have no idea what the problem was but it is running fine now.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Low batt voltage.

Exact same thing happend to me, my truck was turning over fine, hooked up the jumper cables and it fired right up.

As stated above, clean the battery cables even if they look "clean"

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Well I went out after the rain and charging the battery cause it was dying from cranking it and it fired up. So I have no idea what the problem was but it is running fine now.
yeah these motors do really weird things with low batts, they sound like there crankin okay but they not.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Well I just put my starter on and went to crank to start it and has nothing. It has smoke comming out of the stacks. I need this damn thing to run. Any help is needed. The check engine light comes on when you crank but no other time.
are you stuck on the side of the road? away from home?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it was out in the shop but I figured I'd get a faster reply here. I cleaned them up and sprayed some protection on them too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts