Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just myh AE scan tool and when I check the sync on the cam and crank sensors it toggles from yes and no........is this normal??? If not what causes it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me rephrase that, and forgive my typo's when checking to see if the cam and crank sensor are in sync my scanner toggles between yes and no....should itnot always say yes???

·
Hood Rich
2,874 Posts
you have too syncs, the sync between CRANK and CAM which must meet first, then the sync from PCM to FICM to fire....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lenzhotrod, that link did help me understand a little better, now if my cam crank sync is toggling between yes and no, what is the issue? both sensors are new a long with the wiring hareness. Truck starts, runs, but has unbeleivable turbo flutter..... all the time, under load, no load a cceleration, decelleration and so on. I will check the ficm sync tomorrow, ficm is new too btw.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could the pcm be going south????

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is saying yes/no at idle, I have been chasing this turbo flutter issue for a while now, thats why I bought the AE tool.
Which in turn makes me wonder about the sync readings.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It idles fine, once in a while out of the blue it does skip at highway speeds, but its far and few between

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm I have always called it flutter, maybe I am. It does it when you leftoff durring hard acceleration, mine also does the same think under acceleration amd very little,
Feel free to school me...... I have tried most everything

·
Hood Rich
2,874 Posts
id say your vanes on turbo are stuck... a for the yes/no, it should say yes all the time.... Remove BOTH the CMPs and CKPs and clean the moutning surfaces religiously... the sensors, even being a hair out will cause this

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Turbos new,less then a month old, what kind of issues will those sensors being out cause??? There sort of a pain to get to, but I will give it a shot

·
Hood Rich
2,874 Posts
a break in sync... I just battled a truck that would start and die immediately. the block was rusted and pushed th sensor out. Another shop put two more sensors in but didnt bother to clean the rust off, so the sensor was sticking out, away from ring more than allowed, therefore breaking sync. Knocked the rust away, sensors in fully now, problem solved...

I have had brand new turbos be stuck. Either from bad VGT solenoid or sitting on the shelf too long ans vanes being stuck... I haver never used AE, I do all my work via IDS... If you had access to IDS, I could tell you how to dio the turbo... Check out your Ex back pressure sensor and tube. Whats your back pressure when going downroad full load? What does your max MGP read?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have loggedthose readingswith my sct, but tomorrow I will monitor it with the ae, I can command the turbo to open and close. My ebp can read as high as 350kph. I will check it out tomorrow and get back to you. Epb sensor and tube are new Map sensor is new to they all check out at koeo
I appreciate the feed back

·
Hood Rich
2,874 Posts
and when you command it, does pitch change? does your map reading change?

these turbos, unlike the Duramaxs dont have a position sensor, so it only shows percentage commanded, not actual movement of the turbo...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It sure does, pitch changes not sure about th map . I know my ebp changes. If I remember it says 88% duty cycle. when closed when open its 0

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes the mapreading does change

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.