Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, have any of you ever seen one of the 1/8th pipe fuel ports on the heads crack and leak? I re did my fuel lines today and I think thats what happened on the passenger side rear port. It never got tight the first time I put it in and subsequent attempts at getting it to seal arent working. I cant see the crack but its what Im thinking has happened.

Should I pull the head or the whole engine? And it it fixable or do I need a new head?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
As its a NPT thread its also could be its been stripped out by someone. But yes they can crack in that location. First thing is to find out if its really cracked and leaking or will it hold pressure. You can do that with the head on. You always has the larger inspection port on the back lower down on the head to use as the port. The other could then be plugged. A good person to ask would be [email protected] he has seen just about everything when it comes to stuff like this. Maybe shoot him a PM or an email.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not stripped out, I ran a tap in it and it feels fine. The fitting I took out of it looked original but when I put the new one in it never felt like it got tight. I will get out my scope today and look at it closer.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Ask dennis a few people cracked some doing rr.s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts