Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Fierro Racing
1,509 Posts
Re: Cracked block serial #

oh yea that's a must. i'll have em ready for ya in a couple weeks.
ha ha um... no thanks LOL i have 3 sets well 2 sets, and im not gonna do chit with them.
numbers
Cracked block#741797
(2 stock forged blocks)
1110193 & 1153522 these are just for chits and grins, they arent cracked, just sitting in my garage

·
993 Posts
Re: Cracked block serial #

ha ha um... no thanks LOL i have 3 sets well 2 sets, and im not gonna do chit with them.
numbers
Cracked block#741797
(2 stock forged blocks)
1110193 & 1153522 these are just for chits and grins, they arent cracked, just sitting in my garage
thanks pard

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
So if my truck has a build date of 8/01 and my motor has a build date of 3/01 is there maybe a chance that it has a forged rod block in it? Or should I just assume it is a PMR motor?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
So if my truck has a build date of 8/01 and my motor has a build date of 3/01 is there maybe a chance that it has a forged rod block in it? Or should I just assume it is a PMR motor?
Gotta pull the plug...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Just pulled the plug on my 02' which has a build date of 8/01 and the motor has a sticker of 3/01 on the valve cover. I was very excited to see that it had a stud with a nut on it. Forged rods are in my truck after all. Now I have a home for some performance parts that I have had sitting around for the last several months. Guess it did pay to check. Would have felt pretty dumb if I would have pulled it and it had forged rods in it..:pointlaugh:

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Just pulled the plug on my 02' which has a build date of 8/01 and the motor has a sticker of 3/01 on the valve cover. I was very excited to see that it had a stud with a nut on it. Forged rods are in my truck after all. Now I have a home for some performance parts that I have had sitting around for the last several months. Guess it did pay to check. Would have felt pretty dumb if I would have pulled it and it had forged rods in it..:pointlaugh:
You should go buy a lottery ticket...:doh:

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
Gonna throw another question out here.

What's the build date of the trucks and where were they manufactured?
Where and When really wouldn't play into factor...as the ENGINE is made somewhere else and could be made many months in advance....

Hence Serial #'s are better to go off of ;)

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
My truck built date Jan 01. Engine date July 01. Made in Mexico. Si Si.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts