Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, all this stuff I have been reading about CPS's has got me confused. I have been reading about the different colors of them and how fuel economy MAY be affected. I did have the recall done a few years back. So which CPS is the one to have? Is there one that is "better" than the other. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think the black one from ford is the good one. Atleast thats what i bought and havnt had a problem since.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
If you can find a good old black one (that we all used to bitch about), you are good. If you have an International Truck Shop by you, walk in and ask for the new Camshaft Position Sensor for a 1999 DT444E. Try not to mention the words Ford or Powerstroke. Some International Dealers will not sell to you if it is for a Powerstroke.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the NEW Camshaft Position Sensor for a 1999 DT444E is the one to get?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Id just call your local ford's part house and ask for a black cps.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Don't think you can get the black one from ford anylonger. The recall was to replace those with the grey one. I got lucky, I'm still running the orig and when my buddie traded his in he had a spare black one that he gave me. So it's in the glovebox. I've also heard that NAPA sells one thats better than the grey one. I don't know this for sure as I haven't run one of those.

·
Registered
22 Posts
IH part# 1876736C91 this is the
dark grey with purple oring I put
this one in after the gray recall
one seems to run smoother and
quieter $30.00

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IH part# 1876736C91 this is the
dark grey with purple oring I put
this one in after the gray recall
one seems to run smoother and
quieter $30.00

Just ordered it!! 28 bucks!! Hoping for the best!!

Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts