Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HAUL N WOOD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the cps goes bad will it restart? I was always under the understanding that if was bad the truck would just die, and not restart.

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
It would restart on and off. Thats what happend to me once. Ive also heard some peoples turn off and wont restart.

·
HAUL N WOOD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Steelhorse08, Im new to the forum, and having a issue with my truck. A while back it quit going down the road. At first i thought i was out of fuel. It cranked right back up and has ran "ok" since. It has an issue though since. It starts right up, but acts like a miss when its cold. after it warms up it kinda straightens up but the ses light comes on and off. I was wondering if the cps was causing this or other sensors?

·
super tuner
164 Posts
its a cheap enough and easy enough part to replace so if you feel that is the source of your problems then by all means replace it, if its not the problem, you now have a spare for the glovebox. You could pull codes, as your PCM may have stored one or more when the SES came on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
today mine shut down too. ran fine when i went to the store, on my way back it shut down but restarted and got home where in my driveway shutdown again and wont restart. tach does not move and "wait to start" does not come on. replaced the CPS and no change. Any other ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts