Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Pls Pls do a write up on the install. Id love to see the pics and hear your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Definitely the most complete system out there, but it dam well better be for that!! Make sure to let us know your opinions on the system and if it was worth it.

Does the CPRx system offer modability to work in conjunction with a cummins swap?

Actually if you price out a high quality DIY system you are very close to that cost anyways. There are some many little things you forget to add in when pricing a DIY system out but you find out quickly if you keep a talley. Ask me how I know.:doh: When you look at what is in that system its actually a good deal.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used to run a Holley Blue pump on my 1/4 mile truck years ago and it was loud as hell, I have got an AirDog 150 on my hit list but wonder if its as loud or louder than the Holley?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
The AD I have heard run are quite especially when compared to the FASS I have heard. I can not say to a holley sorry.

I can say after thoroughly researching not only both products but the people behind them I will only buy an AD period. Father owns AD and his son later started FASS. Both have there followers.

·
Peon
727 Posts
I've got an AirDog100 on my 2K2 and other than the prepump filtration and separate water separator, I haven't noticed a single bit of difference in how my truck runs. I'm pleased knowing my OEM replacement fuel pump now has a steady supply of clean/dry/pressurized fuel feeding it but if you're looking for better performance from JUST an AirDog/FASS, don't get your hopes up. It may have made a difference that I already did the in-tank mods and had been running an ITP regulated return system, but in my situation, the AD didn't make much, if any, difference.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Jvencis is that a B2 in your avatar??

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Well all deisel has entrained air so it does remove much of that which the RR and pick mod have no effect on. I have alwasy wonders how much of a HP increase it takes for our butt-o-meters to registrar. 5,10,20 HP? There there are those things that you can not feel such as increased injector and pump life. I do agree though its value over all goes down the more you upgrade your fuel system but then that the way it is with all performance stuff. The higher you go the more you fight the law of diminishing returns. Tweaking an extra 50 HP is not to hard to to clsoe to stock but in a 700-800 HOP engine that is doing something where it is even a much smaller % increase.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
I used to run a Holley Blue pump on my 1/4 mile truck years ago and it was loud as hell, I have got an AirDog 150 on my hit list but wonder if its as loud or louder than the Holley?
Skip it... The AD2 looks like a decent set up that might actually do something for us if we're runnin a RR with it, but the AD150's and such are not designed for our trucks. They just adapted some pieces to make 'em work. They do nothing for us.

And as far as runnin an AD2 and a RR, you're talkin in the 1100-1200 range for those parts. You might as well build a top of the line kit yourself, or buy the CPRx if you're spending that kinda money.

I've got an AirDog100 on my 2K2 and other than the prepump filtration and separate water separator, I haven't noticed a single bit of difference in how my truck runs. I'm pleased knowing my OEM replacement fuel pump now has a steady supply of clean/dry/pressurized fuel feeding it but if you're looking for better performance from JUST an AirDog/FASS, don't get your hopes up. It may have made a difference that I already did the in-tank mods and had been running an ITP regulated return system, but in my situation, the AD didn't make much, if any, difference.
Same experience.

My AD150 purchase ranks right up there with my turbonetics purchase...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Skip it... The AD2 looks like a decent set up that might actually do something for us if we're runnin a RR with it, but the AD150's and such are not designed for our trucks. They just adapted some pieces to make 'em work. They do nothing for us.

And as far as runnin an AD2 and a RR, you're talkin in the 1100-1200 range for those parts. You might as well build a top of the line kit yourself, or buy the CPRx if you're spending that kinda money.

Same experience.

My AD150 purchase ranks right up there with my turbonetics purchase...
Can you explain a bit further why the AD100-150 do nothing for our trucks? I know of some of the short comings but that has more to do with their choice in filters they come with and can be corrected.

We want a system that pulls out entrained air from the fuel. It also works great as a lift pump as well.

Are you speaking more that its not a good choice if you are looking at as in a stand alone setup? Where it the only primary pump and filtering?

We may actually be thinking the same things.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
Well, any elaboration by me beyond why the hell you'd want to spend 500 bucks on a fuel filter/water separator is purely speculation.

The AD150's and 100's use pushlock fittings, and feed at about 20PSI, a system that then takes the fuel and pressurizes it to 60ish right?

So the factory pump with approximately three times the suction power is sucking on a line with pushlock fittings.

From a strictly mechanically theorized standpoint, that just doesn't sound like it would separate air. Sounds like it might even make the situation worse.

It will not work alone as a lift pump. Beyond the possible ability to limp the truck home, IF you carry the hose to bypass the factory pump on the rail.

So... It's a 500 dollar water separator/filter base...

I have one on my truck, bought during an ignorant moment back when I believed everything the guy on the other end of the phone told me.

My truck smokes just as much as it did before it. I don't get any better MPG's. And it's noisy... Oh, and if it quits workin or blows a fuse I'll burn up the factory lift pump tryin to pull fuel through it...

There are much better options available, both DIY and marketed, than a 500 filter/separator base.

And I'm bitter about some of the things I spent money on before I found the "search" tab lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So are you saying that I shouldnt buy an airdog and leave the stock system alone? I have a RR that I got new for $350 from a sponsor here, I thought another $500 for an AD to support some hybrids was the way to go? Not to mention the removal of air, better filtration and water seperation? In your opinion with my situation what are you trying to suggest?

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
5/8ths pickup from ITP, or one of Aggies sumps.

Then run 5/8ths line to a filter base from NAPA with a water seperator/fuel filter, then to a faster/better pump than our factory pump with a 2 micron filter after it, then up to the RR on the engine.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Sumps are not legal in all 50 ststes iirc

21 - 35 of 35 Posts