Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which system do you guys think is best for a powerstroke? What are you running on your trucks?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have heard some not so good things about fass. But since I don't own one I'll keep my mouth shut.

Alot of guys build their own setups though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If i ever buy one it will be an Air Dog. and that is only because i talked to the guy for like a half hour last fall at Edge's Dyno Days.

what does it take to build your own?

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Diesel Innovations is coming out with a pretty good set up as well.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Of those choices hands down a cprx, it is a complete system. The other2 are air separators.
The cpr has filters, a reg return, pickup and cooler.

Of the 2 the airdog seems the better choice, the fass seems to eat pumps, also the airdog 2 seems to have a regulator, though I am not familar if it makes for a true reg return.

The diy systems while novel in that you can say you did it, still cost a lot when you make a complete system. Pre built kits take away the trial and error, but you can get more of what you want.

Haven't seen di's system specs but a few posts of wait and see look promising.
Maybe worth a pm.

At the min I would call dieselsite, itp and di and talk to them, they utimatly will be the ones to sell you on a system.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
Don't waste your money on an AD150 or lower. Hasn't done chit for my truck.

The AD2 might be ok, but you'll still need a RR with it. So, that puts the total price tag over 1k.

Might as well buy the CPRx or just build your own system for that much.

The CPRx is a very nice system though.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Air dog...Fass has to many failures read around its crazy!! The guy who owns air dog use to work for fass IIRC i think it his son. I run a air dog II it works great :D

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Actually I think fass was second , not that that matters, but the problrm seems to be fass motors burn up or at least a 1/2 dozen or so guys on here did. The airdog guy posted on here once looking for wish list add ons, sad thing was not many replies.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Ya i knew they were kinda in bed together some way or another...Just wasnt sure how..

·
Registered
360 Posts
Actually I think fass was second , not that that matters, but the problrm seems to be fass motors burn up or at least a 1/2 dozen or so guys on here did. The airdog guy posted on here once looking for wish list add ons, sad thing was not many replies.
Yeah Im pretty sure Airdog was first and Fass is his son.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the cprx is def the more complete kit with the cooler fuel bowl delete and the RR but at almost 1500 bucks it is pretty pricey.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
The CPRX is an orange in with a pair of apples. The other two are supplements to a full fuel system to pull air out at a lift pump and provide pre-filtering. The CPRX is a full fuel system right down to the hose but does not have a part that pulls air out of the fuel as the AD and FASS do but they by themselves are only a supproting device to a system

So it should be Air Dog vs FASS In which case I would pick the AD every time. Way to many cases of super loud and failing pumps on the FASS.

Now the AD could be added to the CPRX for a complete system that also pull the air.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The CPRX is an orange in with a pair of apples. The other two are supplements to a full fuel system to pull air out at a lift pump and provide pre-filtering. The CPRX is a full fuel system right down to the hose but does not have a part that pulls air out of the fuel as the AD and FASS do but they by themselves are only a supproting device to a system

So it should be Air Dog vs FASS In which case I would pick the AD every time. Way to many cases of super loud and failing pumps on the FASS.

Now the AD could be added to the CPRX for a complete system that also pull the air.
That would be one he'll of a fuel system there

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yes it would. I keep wanting to add a AD and Dahl 150s to my system but alwasy seem to find something else to spend it on. Have the Dahl after the tank then the AD which will also act as a lift pump to the primary pump, fuel pump, then a final 2 mic filter. Frankly the AD water sep filter is not very good at removing water and the Dahl is one of the best and also filters down to about 2 mic. None of its cheap that's for sure.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya no crap there none of it is cheap I decided to go with the CPRx system from diesel site after shipping and a cool fumoto valve (petcock) to my door is 1529.57

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You need to do all a favor. Once you get the kit take pictures of it and then do some photos and write up on the install. Also some before and afters of it, the sound of the engine, and how it drives. So many on here including myself go the route of piecing a system together it will be a nice to see a complete system like this detailed.

Bob has a great track record for producing top quality parts etc.

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
Ya no crap there none of it is cheap I decided to go with the CPRx system from diesel site after shipping and a cool fumoto valve (petcock) to my door is 1529.57
Definitely the most complete system out there, but it dam well better be for that!! Make sure to let us know your opinions on the system and if it was worth it.

Does the CPRx system offer modability to work in conjunction with a cummins swap?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think so the CPR is only for powerstroke's I think but I am sure you could make it work with a cummins swap

I will do another post on the system I just gotta figure out how to post pictures on here and I will let you guys know how well it works and how the install goes

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am at approx. 3 years with a FASS with no problems and thats running 50% WMO for more than a year of that time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts