Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 7.3 f350.8 months ago my power steering pump was whining so i bought a junk reman from orielys.worked for about 8 months then this weekend i was driving and my brake pedal went almost to the floor then got real stiff and kicked back and didnt stop very quick,barely anything.then it came back up would not go down very far and then it would start kicking back.i mad it home and as i was backing into the driveway my power steering quit working anda it died.fired it back up and got into the driveway.popped the hood and the belt had popped off.the power steering pump locked up and threw my belt off,also wallored out my pulley.the reman psp was lt warrnty so i got one of them and threw it on there and my brakes where still actin up.i called ford today and he said to check for vacum leak first then hydra boost then mc.how does vacum affect anything?i think its my hydra boost but i dont know alot.sorry for such a long story but been goin on for a few days now and i need to get it fixed.thanks for any help

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Vacuum has nothing to do with brakes on our trucks. Did you bleed the system really good after you installed the new pump. Sounds like you got it pretty hot.

Jack the front wheels off the ground. Start the motor. Turn wheel lock to lock a few times and pump brakes a few times. Check steering fluid. Repeat until all whine is gone and fluid level does not change.

After that, if brakes are still acting up. Check the hydroboost and the master cylinder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im goin to get the new pulley tomorrow and i will try it then.is there a way to check the hydroboost and the mc or just replace one at a time?its drivin me nustz cause its been whinin since i put the first one on it 8 months ago.then it fried and the brakes are acting up so now im thinking something is causin the psp to go out.im also thinking i should go with a factory pump cause they told me at oreilys that they have been having trouble with them.actually im thinking about buying factory everything cause oreilys sell junk.im sick of messin with em.sorry about the rant and thanks for the info.i wll let know what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts