Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to "Harleyize" my headlights. It was a pretty easy process. I was a little nervous after a few bad experiences that I read about but it ended up going very smoothe.

Took about 6 hours to take apart and then I let them sit and cure over night.
I didn't like the orange lens, so I smoked those as well.

I also finally got the windows tinted. I went 15% on all the windows including the little strip on the windshield.

My FX4 grille and bumpers are still patiently awaiting paint. They've kinda taken a backseat these past few weeks.

When I get off work in the morning I'll be heading over to FL to pick up my tuner and exhause. I came across a deal I couldn't pass up.

It'll take me a little while to get everything installed. I've got to save my pennies so I can afford the $325 licensing fee...

It's coming along slowly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those headlights are sweet looking and good looking truck too. Is there a thread or a web site explaining the process on how to do that

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Looks great man, and nice job on the headlights

Those headlights are sweet looking and good looking truck too. Is there a thread or a web site explaining the process on how to do that
The process is pretty easy, just takes time.

First pull all the bolts and rubber grommet off the headlights

I preheat the oven to 250 then put the headlight in the oven and shut the oven off and let it sit in there for 10 minutes.

Then carefully pry around the lense with a screwdriver or something along those lines, you have to get under the lense to start seperating the adhesive and work slowly around it being careful not to crack the lense

Once it cools off the adhesive will harden again so you will have to put it back in the oven as many times as necessary.

Once its split paint it up and put it back together, I use black RTV and a bead of silicone

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, if you look up Matt P's name here and EvilTwins name over on the .org, they are the best step by step instructions that I could find.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Ur truck looks sweet. i love that grille. i think ur sig needs a little changing :poke: u got any other plans u gonna do to the outside.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Awesome... can't wait to see it with the bumpers painted! It's already come a long way!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ur truck looks sweet. i love that grille. i think ur sig needs a little changing :poke: u got any other plans u gonna do to the outside.
I've got an FX4 grille, a couple of paintable bumpers, and some door handles that are all awaiting paint. I'm just going to match those to the body. Other than that just little stuff like the DIY pinch weld covers: DIY Pinch Weld Covers - Powerstroke Nation and removing the 4x4 stickers on the bed.
Everytime I go to lowes I forget to buy the stuff for the pinch weld covers and I'm not sure why I've put off removing the stickers.

Besides the tuner the next big thing will be to get some sort of stereo going. I just haven't decided which route I'm going to take.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
its gonna look killer. keep it up man. cant wat to see it with the bumpers.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Those pics werent showing up on the link for the pinch weld covers, anyone have any other pics? Sounds like something Id like to do as well

Sorry for the hijack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts