1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went from this:

To this:

To this:

I got the towing mirrors from Dfuser and after some advice from Dzchey21 ended up deciding against the 20" wheel/tire combo I was looking at and ended up going with 18x9 V-tec wheels wrapped in 325/65/18 Hankook RT03's.

What do you think?

·
Banned
844 Posts
Looks good! I like it

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looks good..Maybe window tint?:confused:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Looks good. Like that painted badges. Grill is going to look good on there also.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
looks good, mine will soon be down to that hieght as well, Amazing what wheels and tires do for a truck!

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
looks good, mine will soon be down to that hieght as well, Amazing what wheels and tires do for a truck!

wheels and tires can/will make or break the looks of a truck IMO

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Looks good. Did you black out your ford emblem? I did this on mine about two weeks ago, didn't have the patience to tape around the lettering, but I have an idea in mind.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
it needs some tint

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good. Did you black out your ford emblem? I did this on mine about two weeks ago, didn't have the patience to tape around the lettering, but I have an idea in mind.
Yeah, I had already bought those same decals that InMotionJosh put on his rig, and I figured I'd try this out to see what it looked like. I was just bored.
The decals just showed up today too, so now I just need to decide which one I like better.

it needs some tint

Looks good..Maybe window tint?:confused:
Yeah, that's pretty high on the priority list too.

Thanks again for your help with the backspacing questions I had. Your estimate was almost dead on.

When I picked everything up last night, I really didn't think the tires were going to fit without rubbing a ton, but when I left pep boys today, I only heard them just barely kiss the inner fender-liner on the driver side when I was driving through the parking lot, but other than that, no rubbing on the trip home. I turned the wheels lock-to-lock and they don't seem to hit anything.

I'll get underneath the truck this weekend to double check if anything needs to be trimmed or pulled back, but I think I'm good to go.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Yeah, I had already bought those same decals that InMotionJosh put on his rig, and I figured I'd try this out to see what it looked like. I was just bored.
The decals just showed up today too, so now I just need to decide which one I like better.

Yeah, that's pretty high on the priority list too.

Thanks again for your help with the backspacing questions I had. Your estimate was almost dead on.

When I picked everything up last night, I really didn't think the tires were going to fit without rubbing a ton, but when I left pep boys today, I only heard them just barely kiss the inner fender-liner on the driver side when I was driving through the parking lot, but other than that, no rubbing on the trip home. I turned the wheels lock-to-lock and they don't seem to hit anything.

I'll get underneath the truck this weekend to double check if anything needs to be trimmed or pulled back, but I think I'm good to go.
Glad to hear it worked out for you, truck looks SOOO much better now, keep up the good work your on the right track.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Where can I get my hands on some? What colors? TIA

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On a side note if anyone cares, I trimmed the fender liners on both sides to make it so the tires don't hit anywhere. I can now turn lock-to-lock like I did with the stock tires. They've got plenty of room before they hit the arms and they would only rub now if I stuffed the wheels into the fenders, which isn't likely driving on the streets.

I only had to trim a 2.5-3 inch wide by 6-8 inches in length strip out of the liners. I probably could've trimmed less, but I wanted to try and cut along lines that were already there. Kinda like opening up a wheel well.

The wheels I bought came with 5.38 inches of backspace and a +10 offset if anyone wants to try and fit wide 35's with no lift or leveling. This is just a bone stock F250.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts