Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Oil analyses back and the copper was high. This was before I added Rev-X. After adding the Rev-X I noticed that the Turbo was spooling up Quicker and showing more PSI. Here is What was on the Blackstone Report.

From Blackstone
The high copper and lead readings would initially suggest a serious problem developing in the bearings, but these levels of metal also tend to turn up when Restore additive has been used. If that is not the case here then this 6.0L may need some attention. All other wear metals read right around universal averages, which are based on an oil run of about 5,200 miles. The oil's viscosity was quite low for 5W/40, reading more in the 10W/30 range. No fuel was present, and the TBN read strong at 7.3, showing lots of active additive left. Let us know on the Restore.

No Restore has been added.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
I have seen turbos with loose bearings spool up really quick. Reach in there and check to see how much movement is in the shaft. If the compressor wheel moves up and down a little without the wheel contacting the housing, that is ok. If the wheel moves in and out, the thrust bushing is worn. Too much wear and the shaft will move far enough to touch the housing. Not good...

·
Registered
357 Posts
i think they are referring to engine bearings in general. seems strange for bottom end to be coming apart. its tough to pull a main bearing to check so unless you're hearing noises or have other symptoms, i'd run it easy for a bit and re-sample to see if it was a fluke or maybe even bad analysis.

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
Are you running any aftermarket oil parts?
LOL Tim you are a bad man.

Can you get a mechanical gauge on you oil pressure and post some results hot, cold, idle vs. run. Turbo bushings are brass, not copper last time I checked. Brass is only about half composed of copper, so it would take a LOT of turbo bearing to skew that test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts