Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM fixing to a coolant flush on my 2002 f250. Im planning to switch over to ELC coolant. What brand is recommended? Also im thinking about going ahead with a new thermostat and housing. Should I get O.E.M or aftermarket for these items? And what brand coolant filtration system should I buy dieselsite or sinister? Thanks for the help

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Google gooch coolant 7.3 all the coolant info you need.
as for coolant filters i like dieselsite.com

being an 02 your injectorcup seals should be fine..1999 should stick with green coolant for anyone else reading.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
As stated above and go ahead and save yourself the headache and get the billet t-stat housing as well. I replaced it with an oem one the first time when I did my flush and it would still leak. Just added it to mine when I did the filter kit and replaced the water pump and all hoses. I had replaced the bottom inlet to the water pump and after I cleaned the surface to re-install, it leaked even worse so had to replace the water pump. O-ring seat and side walls that meet it were eatin up with corrosion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When it came time to do my coolant system I debated on re-using the stock housing, therm, etc...for about ten seconds then did the smart thing that I wouldn't regret. I got the Dieselsite billet housing, 203* therm, waterpump (needed replacing), and also did their filter kit. Just flushed my coolant system yesterday and put in Rotella Ultra ELC. $95 bucks for 4 gallons at a local international/bobcat dealer. The techs up there said they run it in all of their international trucks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys! Is the ball valves that are sold separate with the dieselsite kit worth getting?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! Is the ball valves that are sold separate with the dieselsite kit worth getting?
I don't use them. I see it like this, as long as I have a working filter on the truck, i want it filtering.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
They make changing the filters easy and cleaner.....i would get them if it was me.
the international builtin filter has a lever on the pump.

or just wrap vice grips to protect the hose and give it a pinch shut.
i would spend more time tracking tools sleaves etc down
so that is why i would get them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. Could I wait and buy the coolant filter kit later on? I got a big tuition due for school in a couple weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts