Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about upgrading or adding to the orig trans cooler on my E99. Any suggestions? E99 does not go through the radiator. On the open hwy it's ok. In stop & go when it's 110-115* it warms up a little.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen that one. It's a little more $$$ than this new F550 I'm looking at.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Trucool max is an add on for your cooler that is a very nice cooler. Sells for 120 bones on dieselsite!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a hayden trucool on my last truck. It helped some but temps were still up around 200* on a hot day, and get closer to 210 when I had to kick out of OD.

I put a cooler for a 6.0 liter on the 550. It is far superior. I've never seen it get over 180, and my engine is running 2500 to 2700 RPM with the 4.88 gears.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Dieselsites tru -cool works well when stacked with stock cooler. Mine went from 180 deg to 150 max summer time temps.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the trucool from dieselsite, it should do the job.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the trucool on today. Mounted it behind the cond just above the fact ota cooler stacked with it and it lowered temps about 30*. I'm happy.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the toyhauler & buggie to the mtns on fri am. It was cool on the way up but was hot today on the return trip. Pulling 13k trailer up 6% pulls trans temp never quite reached 180. When I got home around noon it was 104* on my patio. That cooler works really well.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Nice, They do a good job don't they.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I stacked it with the orig ota cooler and it is absolutely wonderful. That along with the new inj last Monday made the trip fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts